Ticking clock......

Do you think they'll force aeroplanes to be electric, or rubber-band driven?  Or trains and busses?  Nah, probably not.   Even if they do, unless they have a hooooge solar panel on the roof the power's still coming from burning something else or more cheap labour to wind the elastic. (anyone know of an energy-harvesting system for rubber bands?)

This is why the Hell's Angels live their way all day every day. Enjoy what you've got before some to$$pot politician decides to take it off you. Lifestyles and all the crud that comes with them are changing at an exponential rate so all this could bite us in the arse sooner than we want. 

Because we're individuals and can be bullied around. Don't forget, we elect these numpties so you know what to do about it. Lobby for what we want and vote for the best promises. That's how the eco-warriors and sandal-wearing tree huggers got their way. Politicians don't live the lives we do, so if they get told something by an earnest-sounding young person or a clever-sounding proffessor then they believe it's what everyone wants.

Exactly. Solar and wind energy are limited in supplies. Unless every house in Britain ends up with solar panels on the roofs and battery packs under the stairs, fossil fuels will still be needed to run power stations.

The same tree huggers don't like nuclear power either. I'm sure battery technology will be fine in 2040 taking us from lands end to John o'groats and back again. But where the electricity will come from......????? Where will the batteries go when they no longer hold a charge....????

Aeroplanes run on jet fuel, not sure what toxic waste that produces?  

Diesel and petrol will be around for a while yet. Hopefully out government will allow us kids to run our "Historic" Vehicles for many many years. 

10 hours ago, chinkamon said:

u can find them in clarks next to the wellies :-)

I only shop in West Cumberland Farmers, I didn't know other clothing outlets existed.:-D

I cannot understand why we do not explore Hydro electric sea power more, the tide goes out and comes back in twice a day, tide tables can be set for decades ahead, we live on an island. We are surrounded by a fully sustainable power source ffs