Orange Is The New Black

There was an earlier thread that collected a few images of great Orange Old Skool Fords but with the advent of a certain greedy photo sharing site changing its fee structure alot of the links to those images has now been blocked, so I thought I would kick off a thread where you can post images too directly and will be safely stored and displayed without interruption.

I will start with a few with an Australian perspective.

When a friend found a Twincam for sale he suggested I buy it. When I asked what colour it was he said "Its Orange!". I cringed and was determined I was going to paint it even before I saw it. A quarter of a century later its still Orange. It grows on you! And now I think it looks just as good in a MK2 as well.

Twincam1s.jpg.b62cec58df25ad1cbfe0f7bd8e4d90c6.jpg

Twincam2s.jpg.ac68ea26f40f2963b6095c66c2a031a3.jpg

Two or four door RS2000s both great in Orange

RS2000a.thumb.jpg.4aeb3f481b5bf72e8d52261bacc4eae2.jpg

4DoorRS2000h.jpg.4e03d75d882028daff2898346fefc572.jpg

If you aren't a fan of droopsnoots Rally Packs are just as good in Orange too.

RallyPack3.thumb.jpg.55716cc32496b5c586afbbbb03ea74a9.jpg

So if you have a nice Orange motor pop your images in below. Comments welcome.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, colr6 said:

What's with the no plates RP, can you dictate what you have as Like yours RP2000 and the one in the pic ' coolazz '

Yes you can pick your own number plate pretty much. For a fee of course. There are a variety of sizes and colour combinations even commemorative and football ones. The fee structure varies though. Unlike in the UK where they allocate a plate to one car and thats it, ours can be transferred all over. My mum has had the same number plate on 4 different cars just so she doesn't have to memorise a new one

If you want a full word type like that on my Twincam (Lotus4 was my real number plate not just for show) and Coolazz you have to pay a yearly fee over and above your registration tax the equivalent of 200 pounds a year extra. So it can be quite expensive. When I went back to university it was just an extravagant expense so I handed the word plates in. In the case of my RP2000 plates because the format for those are close to original plates you just had to pay a one off fee of 50 quid to have them made and alter your papers and then just regular registration tax every year after that. I know who has the RS1600 ones but they are now on his Renault Megan! From what I understand the Roads and Traffic Authority found the number plate gig a bit of a cash cow and they now charge a yearly fee even for the basic type of about 60 quid a year but fortunately that's not retrospective.

With ours you pay a fee, if it's got a name in it I've found there a min of 1k plus as normal the road tax which depending vehicle from £30- £245 All this depends if it has not been already issued to someone. Some if our plate can fetch astromical prices on the open market.

5 minutes ago, colr6 said:

With ours you pay a fee, if it's got a name in it I've found there a min of 1k plus as normal the road tax which depending vehicle from £30- £245 All this depends if it has not been already issued to someone. Some if our plate can fetch astromical prices on the open market.

Yes some fetch really big money. I posted a thread last week about a Chinese Sex Toy Billionaire paid two and half million dollars for the No.4 number plate just recently.

To add confusion to ours is that registration rules, plates and fees vary from state to state. So each state has its own different roads organisation so taxes depend on how greedy that particular state government is.

42 minutes ago, MaxyWaxy said:

Just bought this today, after travelling on the train to view it on Monday, its still on transport on the way to me..but there are a lot of images availlable of it online luckily

Cant wait for it to get here

Mike

13.png

Are you willing to scare us with the cost of that little beauty?

12 minutes ago, MaxyWaxy said:

errmmmmm nah hahahah

You dont have to be shy, just let me get a soft chair to fall into first.

I paid two thousand quid for my Twincam, he positively wouldn't budge on the price. Probably could have gotten five hundred off if it had of been a red one! But I paid his outrageous asking price all the same.

5 hours ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

7in JB's wow. Do they fit under the arches without any rubbing? The RS centre caps fit them? When I wrote them once the told me that RS centre caps wouldnt fit their wheels.

I rolled the arch lips back a little and if i have 4 up and hit a pothole i do hear a scuff on the nearside only...the cetre caps are just stickers over the standard centres

Mike