Rebuilding and improving two Mk2 RS2000s - one Custom one Base model

TimGreen

Thank you for letting me join. I am lucky enough to have a couple of RS2000s one on the road and the other not yet. I will put a post in the relevant section but I am looking to check colour codes on my Dec 1977 blue RS2000 base model. My problem is that the car has had a hard life, been flat fronted, repainted, previously caged and VIN plate missing. I want to return it to the original colour which I believe to be blue but think there was two available - Midnight (which it isn't) but would that age be Riviera Blue (too early to be Nordic)? Anyone know? Thanks so much

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 15:35, TimGreen said:

Thank you for letting me join. I am lucky enough to have a couple of RS2000s one on the road and the other not yet. I will put a post in the relevant section but I am looking to check colour codes on my Dec 1977 blue RS2000 base model. My problem is that the car has had a hard life, been flat fronted, repainted, previously caged and VIN plate missing. I want to return it to the original colour which I believe to be blue but think there was two available - Midnight (which it isn't) but would that age be Riviera Blue (too early to be Nordic)? Anyone know? Thanks so much

Hello Tim

Now that's just being greedy having two of them! My solitary one keeps me busy, and when you do get them both up and running, how would you choose which one to drive? Have they both got Pinto engines?

Ha - it may be a while to have that choice! My '78 has no engine at the present but it will be pinto'd to try and keep it loyal to the cause. Type 9 box is a must though. Too many jobs and not enough time on my '79 but only small and all pieces of history now eh!