Electrical and other jobs

preacherman

Today I thought let's tackle the rear light issues. I have been stalling on this one and accumulating some materials. It went much easier than I thought.

No Reversing lights . Connector had come off the reversing switch.

Intermittent brake lights . Shitty earth.

No fog light . Blown bulb and shitty connector.

Also got a handbrake for the first time in 2 years. A small adjustment of 25mm on the cable .

Worryingly, the underneath is plastered in oil,the full length of the car. I have a carpet in my garage that has been absorbing the oil like a pig mat. It's from the front end near the dizzy. Let's hope it's a simple job. 

Went for a 30 mile run tonight and lots of sideways actions. Doing my frank kelly impersonation.

Could do with a sixth gear as topping out across the moors at 108. Sheep looking nervous and quite rightly so. Fed the semi wild horses and one gave me a gentle kick to keep away.

20210408_174941.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, e501 said:

No because power and aerodynamics also come into it..

Eggsacally! Ford originally said an RS2000 would do 108mph flat out @ 5500 rpm (although my speedo said 126mph LOL) fitted with 4 speed 1:1 top and 3.54 diff. Your 5sp is an overdrive so it theory is almost 20% higher geared = 108 x 120% = 129.6mph. Whether there is the power to pull that gearing is debatable - i'm hoping 170 zetec horses will with an extra 1000rpm!