• 1 year later...
Beautiful m8!!!! what year is the engine??? is it the same as a cosworth gearbox or is the yank T5 manual box slightly diffrent?

It's an earlier engine '68 I think. The gearbox is a Tremec box which is an uprated V8 T5. Real Steal sell the Tremec boxes and spares.

A normal 5.0 T5 will do though. :thumbsup:

have you done any track days in it ?

I took it to the Castle Combe Classic and Sportscar Action Day and failed the noise test :sad: (104db @ 4500) so joined the lunchtime parade for a tenner. My mate has a Brooklands 240BHP TT and we were the last 2 cars right at the back. We held back and had at least a 1/4 track flat out run. :mrgreen: Pulled 120 mph down the straight on a parade lap!

• 2 months later...

I'm now thinking of selling what is left, ie a Famous, Classic Ford magazine and fastest Ford DVD featured ex V8 Capri!

It is/was a 2.8i with V5, proper V6 type strengthened shell, bonnet, boot, doors, bumpers, lights, glass, dash, loom, expensive Toad alarm and remote central locking. It will be rolling on cheap old suspension and wheels just to aid collection.

A very solid car with a few minor bubbles and ideal for a project or reshell.

I will put a For Sale ad up when I think what it's worth and when it's ready to go.

Anyone interested can PM me. :thumbsup:

album_pic.jpg

Dont quote me on these prices as it's a long time since I looked at the invoices but from memory it's something like this:

Purchase of car with a Rover v8 then £2500-£3000?

Respray £1500-£2000

Engine and box £6000 Professionally built. (Gearbox with bellhousing,clutch, flywheel is over £2000, heads were over £1200)

Engine mounts £60

Gearbox mount £50

Axle £500

Caprisport brakes £350

Brooklands seats £500

Dash and door card retrim in leather £350

Toad alarm and central locking £400

wheels tyres £800

AVO shocks £100

Axle location kit £50

Steering wheel £150

Allouminium dash £35

Polybushes £100

Braided brake lines £30

Exhaust system?

Custom prop?

Guages?

Labour?

Incidentals?

I could go and get the receipt file and put the exact prices and the stuff I've forgotten but you get the idea!