Channel 5 show, Classic Car Restoration

Vista

Who saw Bernie's new show on Channel 5 tonight? It looks like Lepu's out of favour as there's a Canadian guy on there with him. Tonight they "restored" a rough looking E Type in 4 weeks. Admittedly it did look very nice when finished but they should of got shot of that microwave sunroof. And how does restoring an engine like that simply consist of fixing a misfire? The show was a bit like wheeler dealers but without any of the interesting technical bits. Next week they're doing a zodiac so I guess I'll give it another chance.

What a pair of tossers! He passes up a good solid californian @ 14k for a manky californian @ 12k! Where was the restoration? Don't know their arses from their elbows - can't even drive - backing the freshly painted car into an engine block and crane was peachy!

Replaced a crap sunroof with a chav sunroof that probably cost the same as a roof skin! White wall tyres to match the white piped seats - Yuk! Just as well they obviously have a good team to do the work otherwise just a lot of shouting and psuedo 'stress'!

Apple Pies - think i'll watch University Challenge next week!

What a pair of tossers! He passes up a good solid californian @ 14k for a manky californian @ 12k! Where was the restoration? Don't know their arses from their elbows - can't even drive - backing the freshly painted car into an engine block and crane was peachy!

Replaced a crap sunroof with a chav sunroof that probably cost the same as a roof skin! White wall tyres to match the white piped seats - Yuk! Just as well they obviously have a good team to do the work otherwise just a lot of shouting and psuedo 'stress'!

Apple Pies - think i'll watch University Challenge next week!

:lol: So what is it you're trying to say? Did you not like it then? :wink:

It was a pretty crap show and showed very little of the actual work done.

I'm also highly sceptical of the figures quoted for the parts and labour it cost them to restore it. There's no way you could get a rough looking e type like that turned around for £8k. The paint alone should have been more than that, then every piece of chrome work needed re doing (including the wire wheels) a complete retrim, suspension and brakes rebuilt! And as for the shot showing Bernie pulling "E-type" spares out of a skip, what a crock!

I think reversing into the engine on the crane was a stunt to make good telle. Why would you have a rusty old engine hanging on a crane blocking the door anyway?

I enjoyed the show but I think they cut corners with the restoration. I certainly would put a set of brake discs on my car that came out of a skip.

I entered the competition before I watched the show if I win I think I'll put it on eBay.

didnt see it, but going by the comments its sounds like a load of crap, and its hardly surprising with a bellend like that Bernie running the show :(:

What amazes me is that there is a wealth of talented craftsmen in this country, but we are forced to watch a big production American shows to see a real resto or any kind of craftsmanship :banghead: All the shows done here is all "bogit & scarper" :(:

• 2 weeks later...

plenty of rot no doubt and nice straight cuts on the springs. then the other muppet goes looking for another rear end has he put it :roll:.

just trying to mug the average joe off into believing its all that easy

:shock:. and they called it a bare metal respray did you see the state of it

:(: