johnny_h Posted February 9, 2007 Report Posted February 9, 2007 ARGHHHHHHHHHH! My lodger who doesn't drive just came in and said to me "if you keep to the speed limit you have nothing to worry about"
Guest pooface Posted February 9, 2007 Report Posted February 9, 2007 ARGHHHHHHHHHH! My lodger who doesn't drive just came in and said to me "if you keep to the speed limit you have nothing to worry about" This is Big Johny's house.............. You have been evicted please leave
johnny_h Posted February 9, 2007 Report Posted February 9, 2007 He he I would but I need the money for the mortgage Bastard! I'm fumin. Someone who doesn't drive sayin that! I told him about the protest and he said it aint gonna do shit. He's been sent to his room before things turned nasty.
Cookie Posted February 9, 2007 Report Posted February 9, 2007 He he I would but I need the money for the mortgage Bastard! I'm fumin. Someone who doesn't drive sayin that! I told him about the protest and he said it aint gonna do shit. He's been sent to his room before things turned nasty. Better keep him there in a sort of idiot protection programme m8
Rick Posted February 9, 2007 Report Posted February 9, 2007 He he I would but I need the money for the mortgage Bastard! I'm fumin. Someone who doesn't drive sayin that! I told him about the protest and he said it aint gonna do shit. He's been sent to his room before things turned nasty. put a pillow over his head
60ftman Posted February 9, 2007 Report Posted February 9, 2007 Just tell the local police he's a Muslim - they'll bash the door down at 2:30 in the morning and shoot him!! Job done!
BudgieV8 Posted February 9, 2007 Report Posted February 9, 2007 Couple of thoughts which back up a few earlier replies & A WARNING: - The French dont take sh*t, they just close ports/Motorways etc - but they still dont acheive much. - The British (ie: you & me) are pathetic at complaining. During the 2001 fuel strikes I remember the news interviews with 'motorists' - most were moaning that they couldnt get to work on their 69p/litre fuel! - not the fact that Blair/Brown were taking the p*ss. - Blair/Browns response was to send in the riot police & issue riot enforcement - I thought we were in a democracy (albeit part of the 'Good old USA') rather than a dictatorship! A FINAL GRAVE WARNING........ - BROWN HAS BEEN ITCHING TO DISMANTLE THE CLASSIC CAR MOVEMENT & THE Pre-01/01/73 TAX EXEMPT RULE. (read almost every issue of Classic Car Weekly, & the threat is VERY real! Think what you want, but Thatcher/Major SUPPORTED Classic Car Owners!) - PROTEST AS YOU WISH, BUT REMEMBER THAT IF YOU PUT YOUR HEAD OVER THE TOP OF THE FENCE (IE: Make your cause VERY obvious), YOU STAND A CHANCE OF ACCELERATING BROWNS WISHES. - STUPID I know in an alleged Democracy, but who remembers the organisers of the Fuel protests? - according to what I have read, legit & correct businesses involved have been 'pressured' into shutting up, & have since declined to be interviewed as their businesses were 'investigated' by Customs/VAT/DVLA into bankruptcy. UK = 51st STATE OF THE USA?
60ftman Posted February 10, 2007 Report Posted February 10, 2007 A FINAL GRAVE WARNING........ - BROWN HAS BEEN ITCHING TO DISMANTLE THE CLASSIC CAR MOVEMENT & THE Pre-01/01/73 TAX EXEMPT RULE. (read almost every issue of Classic Car Weekly, & the threat is VERY real! Think what you want, but Thatcher/Major SUPPORTED Classic Car Owners!) - PROTEST AS YOU WISH, BUT REMEMBER THAT IF YOU PUT YOUR HEAD OVER THE TOP OF THE FENCE (IE: Make your cause VERY obvious), YOU STAND A CHANCE OF ACCELERATING BROWNS WISHES. UK = 51st STATE OF THE USA? That is why we need to involve ALL motoring organisations, HGV's, Motorbikes, the lot. There is no point just one group protesting, that would be 'HEAD OVER THE TOP OF THE FENCE' as you put it, and we'd never achieve the numbers necessary to make an effective protest. We all know members of other groups, or are involved in other areas of the car culture through family or work, we need to get them all motivated. The government may want to dismantle the classic car movement, but there is no way they want to upset all of the motoring public - far too big a group with far too much financial clout. Oh, and there are already 52 states in the US, that would make us the 53rd!
60ftman Posted February 11, 2007 Report Posted February 11, 2007 That didn't take long did it. Less than a week since the start of this train and we've all lost interest already. I guess what a few of you said is true - nothing will ever happen because we can't be f*cking bothered to get off our arses and do something about it. Well sod that. If this country tries to get anything more out of me I'm going to emigrate. I've had enough of being taxed to death with everything I do. If I earn money - they tax me. If I save money - they tax me. If I spend money - they tax me. If I drive - they tax me in so many ways. I've even been charged duty to import stuff, and then had VAT applied to that. So that's a tax on a tax! I'm also fed-up with seeing those who don't want to work having a better standard of living than me. I've been earning and paid taxes for over 30 years. I had a motoring accident a few years ago which meant I couldn't work for a while, and what did I get from the government? F*CK ALL! I'm from the wrong minority though - I was born in England and I work for a living. Rant over. I'm going to lay down in a dark room.
johnny_h Posted February 11, 2007 Report Posted February 11, 2007 I'm from the wrong minority though - I was born in England and I work for a living. So true. I tried to get some help with my mortgage payments after I was made redundant over xmas. I'm back at work now but never received a penny from the social due to lost paperwork etc. While I was waiting for my interview there were a couple of lads next to me having their forms filled in by an interpreter.
sab6024 Posted February 11, 2007 Report Posted February 11, 2007 Although I agree with everything that has been said what I want to know is... Let's say the f**king Government win and we are to pay by the mile. How the hell are they gonna police it. I don't carry rear passengers in my Capri so there is no way that some greasy spotty git is gonna get close enough to it to fit a bloody tracking unit. If I refused entry what would happen to me and the car? The only person who works on my car is my brother (only coz he won't rip me off and nothing is likely to go missing) They would have to start paying out more for the Carers etc that have to use a car for work. At the moment I can claim up to 40p a mile for fuel and running costs and I cover up to 30,000 miles a year. I'm not prepared to pay for miles too, so someone will. Just call me thick but I'm not getting how this could possibly work.
60ftman Posted February 11, 2007 Report Posted February 11, 2007 I'm from the wrong minority though - I was born in England and I work for a living. So true. I tried to get some help with my mortgage payments after I was made redundant over xmas. I'm back at work now but never received a penny from the social due to lost paperwork etc. While I was waiting for my interview there were a couple of lads next to me having their forms filled in by an interpreter. It's the same whoever you talk to. The tax-paying native of these fair isles of hours is (unfortunately) the 'soft touch'....Far easier to tax/fine/find someone who is on the right side of the law, than those who are rooking the system blind. And if you should EVER have the audacity to ask for some of your money back when things get tight - F*CK YOU!!!!! - the government have given it all to poor blind Bosnian Gypsies who came over in a container lorry and are living at the Hilton until the council finds them a furnished 4-bed detatched!
Danmex Posted February 11, 2007 Report Posted February 11, 2007 The blind Bosnians can have this sorry excuse for a country, as soon as I've got enough cash saved I'm fooking out of here and never looking back. I served my country for ten years fought in three wars and now I can't even get a fookin house. The twats can stick britain up there fat lazy money grabbing arses
Cookie Posted February 11, 2007 Report Posted February 11, 2007 The blind Bosnians can have this sorry excuse for a country, as soon as I've got enough cash saved I'm fooking out of here and never looking back. I served my country for ten years fought in three wars and now I can't even get a fookin house. The twats can stick britain up there fat lazy money grabbing arses It's a sad day when someone who has served their country in wars and put their life on the line says that Obviousley you were proud to be british or you would'nt have done it. This is not to have a go at you (just incase it reads wrong ) this is the sadness of the fact that someone such as yourself has made that statement and we all know why you feel like it, from on extreme to another! Could you possibly imagine what some of the people from WW2 would think if they could see the countryy as it is today, I would feel total shame showing it to them TBH
Rick Posted February 11, 2007 Report Posted February 11, 2007 ye when you think of all the lives wasted back then to preserve the British identity and freedom.... i say it again; wasted
johnny_h Posted February 11, 2007 Report Posted February 11, 2007 The blind Bosnians can have this sorry excuse for a country, as soon as I've got enough cash saved I'm fooking out of here and never looking back. I served my country for ten years fought in three wars and now I can't even get a fookin house. The twats can stick britain up there fat lazy money grabbing arses Same here except I want to fight to make Britain great again. Not walk away.
john_3.0s Posted February 11, 2007 Report Posted February 11, 2007 this is prob worth a visit, about the only organisation on the side of the driver these days.. http://www.abd.org.uk/
johnny_h Posted February 12, 2007 Report Posted February 12, 2007 just heard the news that one million people have signed the petition sparking calls for a national debate. it's a step in the right direction. we as drivers will win!
tazrocks88 Posted February 12, 2007 Report Posted February 12, 2007 yeh i heard that now its been on the news it should increase even more!!! there is no chance it can happen!!!
Noodles Posted February 12, 2007 Report Posted February 12, 2007 The road tax per mile pertition got over 1 million sigs but the govenment still wanna ignore it WTF!!!!
Rick Posted February 12, 2007 Report Posted February 12, 2007 i wanted to be the first to break the news lol... nm too slow government have to listen really, imagine a million protesters on the roads!!!
Noodles Posted February 12, 2007 Report Posted February 12, 2007 Its stupid who come up with the site anyway TONY BLAIR
Danmex Posted February 13, 2007 Report Posted February 13, 2007 So many people tried signing the petition today the entire Government website crashed Go on Britain, nice to know so many people can be arsed having an opinion for a change.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now