Jump to content

emu

Members
  • Posts

    2,599
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by emu

  1. The A32 from Wickham to Alton is a fun little blast when plod aren't about!!
  2. That pump is only designed to supply the extra fuel for the gas only then? I did wonder if the flow might be a problem because it is much less than the facets, but was caught out by the 200hp bit
  3. Bugger! Ok, thank you Kev. Ill have a rethink then and be back with another madcap scheme shortly
  4. I'm thinking of ripping all the EFI off my pinto and putting it back to carburettor. Just the standard DGAV for now, but possibly twin 40's/45's if I find a cheap enough. I want to keep my nitrous though, (once Ive worked out/asked/decided how) My question is, will this fuel pump be ok? http://www.holley.com/15760NOS.asp Am I right in thinking it should be as it says it supports up to 200hp? My engine only made 150 with the nitrous last year so it should have plenty of leeway?? I know everyone uses Facet pumps normally, but I already have one of these sat in the garage doing nothing
  5. Dont take this the wrong way, but have you actually tried to fit it, or have you just laid it with the old one to compare?
  6. I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Or which page it occurs on... Can you do a screen shot? Its ok, sorted now I've found the little 'text size' doodah up the top of the screen, clicked it to its minimum setting and it looks much better now. It dropped down a size or two, not a huge difference, but im finding it a more comfortable to read
  7. I agree, its much better on the top. However, that got sorted before I had chance to sulk about it, so I've had to think of something else ......Is there anyway to make the thread lists less 'tall'? I think it seems as though its all zoomed in a bit height wise and I seem to have to scroll up and down a lot compared with yesterday, perhaps its just me and i need to exercise my scrolling finger more?!? Other than that minor thing, all seems good. still easy to navigate and no problems with speed.
  8. Dont get your hopes up too much, but ive sent you a PM
  9. I reckon it was still around when the google car went past (Yes, I am bored )
  10. Make sure you do it the way D-Fens says though. Put the older driver on your policy, Dont insure it as your mums car and you as named driver. Not only will you not earn any NCB, you risk getting done for fronting Try Pricing up cars other than the obvious 'first' cars too. Fiestas, Saxos and Corsas are expensive because lots of 17 year olds try to park them up lamp-posts. I'm a great fan of people driving old cars as first cars. For starters you dont feel so bad when you scrape a £200 snotter than you would if it cost you £3-4k, and you can learn to fix it yourself which helps you understand a bit about how they work and what goes wrong
  11. So, what Waitrose have done is scoop out the expensive mincemeat and brandy bit, and replace it with a 12p orange??
  12. Happy birthday Al
  13. My dad and myself have always used APH ( http://www.aph.com/index_triple.shtml )
  14. Congratulations and best wishes to you all
  15. emu

    Why O why

    and thats the main thing That makes the pre-sale thing even more of a joke.
  16. Marina coupe????
  17. emu

    Why O why

    Pre-sale tickets went on sale at 9 this morning. I dont really get this whole pre-sale thing surely if they start selling them at 9 then they arent being pre-sold, they are just being sold!!!
  18. The megajolt can be set up to use either a throttle position sensor or a Manifold pressure sensor as its load input. I've got one of the really early ones sat here that I built up and installed in my previous car. I know that the new versions are a bit more complicated than the old ones, but the basic principles are still the same. I vaguely remember putting it together in about an hour. Its been sat in the garage for the last 5 years, but I plugged it into the computer with a cheapie USB -serial adaptor and it still seems to still work ok. Can adjust, load and save maps to it ok. So i'm going to sling a carb back on my pinto and see if I an get the system up and running again. I think Tom has one to run his XE, and there are a few other people who have got their cars up and running on one too.
  19. emu

    Laptops

    Amy has a little 9" Dell Netbook. It cost us £150 a year ago from PC World. All she uses it for is the internet and flash games and its ideal for that, and pretty quick too. We did have a problem a couple of months ago where the keyboard wouldn't type certain letters. Dell sorted it straight out under warranty though. Would definately buy another.
  20. It should suck the air from the front of the car towards the engine. If you have it blowing through the rad from the engine side then it will be blowing hot air from your engine onto your radiator.
  21. I agree with Steve. Alternatively what about the 2.3 version from a Scorpio. Its a 16 valve version of your seirra lump so all the hard work should be done already.
  22. I Cant picture how the distributor drive is supposed to look. Does the shaft normally sit so far up inside the gear section? I'm just wondering if the gear has worked its way down the shaft or the shaft is moving back and forth along its own length within the distributor body??
  23. I think they are aimed at the people who have already sold there 5 grand car for 50 quid, and offloaded all grannies antique gold jewellry for £13.24. I think This bloke pretty much has the right idea on the whole subject, especially at 7.55
  24. Ive stayed in Port El Kantaoui, which is a (longish) walk along the beach from Sousse, a couple of times. Once in February and once in August. February was dead quiet because it was out of season, but August was obviously much busier. Most of the tour operators have plenty of excursions on offer if your arent really 'sit-on-the-beach' type people. Even if you are then there seemed to be enough people offering Parasailing and jetski hire. The marina at Port el kantaoui had a fair few boats offering trips out too, although we didnt go on any of them. It has been ruled by the Phoenicians, Romans, Turks and French so there is a lot of varied history and ruins. Most of the trips we went on covered a few different locations. El Jem and Carthage are both well worth a look However, even the camel ride that we went on took us up into the hills were we visited a little hidden away pottery and there was a tradition Berber style house/hut to look around too. Getting around is easy enough, there are loads of taxi's about, but as always, agree the price before you get in the car. Even the train seemed easy enough. There is a station in Sousse which we used to get to Monastir. Didnt really notice any leering men, although they do seem to pester you to come look around there shop when your in the market areas. And then their brothers shop. And then their cousins!! We did get the old 'Im your hotel waiter/chef/lifeguard ' routine a few times too. A firm 'no, thank you' seemed to work most of the time. Overall, Its well worth a visit. I get bored on 'beach' holidays, but the history and markets (remember to haggle ) kept me busy. But even on the quieter days it was nice just to wander off away from the town centers and look around.
×
×
  • Create New...