Jump to content

emu

Members
  • Posts

    2,599
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by emu

  1. on the very to of the hill, old art deco style building? that would be portsdown main.
  2. I was only messing too Sam I used to hate wearing mine when I was into my mountain bikes. Used to 'forget' it all the time looking back at some of the stuff we used to prat about doing im glad I was indestrucable then
  3. tut tut Sam!!! where is your brain bucket??
  4. I don't think they look weird, they look awesome... they just ride like crap Ah, I got ya you now. I love the look of old skool BMX's too. I cant ride old or new ones though so I shall trust you (obviously I can ride them, just not RIDE them!! )
  5. I think you will find its the modern stuff thats all weird looking
  6. I drove mine around welded for a couple of years. To be honest it wasnt the oversteering/understeering/unpredictable animal that many people would have you beleive. The only reason its not in there now is because the juddering and squealing at really low speed made it a complete pig to get in and out of my garage.
  7. emu

    car radio codes

    Pm sent Mr Bottle
  8. emu

    car radio codes

    I know it isnt Old or Ford, but im gonna ask anyway Just wondering if anyone had a code generator/calculator for 'Becker' car stereos? Its an OE unit from a '96 mercedes. I took the head unit out of my c-class when I first bought the car and slung in a CD player. Ive just gone to put that headunit into dads car only to find out it needs a security code, and I dont have it I have the serial and model numbers. Ive tried Google and all ive managed to do so far is give my anti virus software a workout Any help would be much appreciated
  9. do they not have your previous quote on file??
  10. I have now registered on your websites regarding the our merc
  11. I havent registered yet,we only bought it recently. I'll get some photo's at the weekend and get them up
  12. Sorry to hear about your Aunt
  13. Thanks for the link! I will follow that up. Only thing is, looks like the MOD want you to have £5Mil's worth of insurance, which is more than we wanted to get. No problem, I only thought about it because a lot of their sites are local to me On the car topic, dad has a early 80's Merc S-class. Is it the kind of car that I could register on your site and the one in the previous post??
  14. Im sure you already know about it, but the MOD have a website of places that are available for filming locations http://www.films.mod.uk/south_east/thorney_2.htm
  15. I'm liking that
  16. The nurses told him just to pull it off, but he said 'I conduit'
  17. Here you are, everything you need to know http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPFCZv8D ... _embedded#!
  18. Cant you just move the servo further down the bulkhead, save re-plumbing
  19. I think your expecting a bit much expecting the seller to subsidise the repairs. Especially seeing as you got 3hrs away before any signs of a problem. Think of it the other way round......imagine that you bought the car as a non-runner. Lets say the seller thought its had a head gasket problem and has been quoted £500 for the repair. You buy it cheap because you know you can fix it yourself and save all the labour charges. You get the car home and find it needs a £6 thermostat. Are you going to call him up and offer him a load more money? or are you going to crack open a beer and smugly congratulate yourself on your good luck and mechanical prowess??
  20. I used a kit on my gear lever. I modified it so that the grub screw that holds the new portion of lever to the old goes all the way through the shaft. Other than that, I havent had any problems with it at all. I have heard people say that the rose jointed ones buzz and resonate, but having never tried one I can neithre conjfirm or deny The reverse gate still works fine on my gearbox too
  21. emu

    The Moon Landing

    There was an episode of mythbusters where they looked into this. they took a lot of the 'proof' that it was fake and investigated it. Things like the flag 'blowing' around and the shadows at differnt angles. quite an interesting program There was apparently plans to return to the moon ( the constellation program), but it had funding cut in February because of the economic climates. I also dont beleive we can be the only living planet. The are so many species of creature on this small planet, that cant possibly be the be all and end all. All those other planets and galaxies, one must be supporting life somewhere??
  22. Beige wheels on a bronze capri sounds nasty. Beige wheels on a bronze capri looks cool
  23. I have to agree with everyone else Dave. Dont get yourself in a state about having a drink. I dont know i this will helps or not so I apologise now, but your original post was way back in early November and that says you gave up drinking in July. http://www.oldskoolford.co.uk/phpBB2/vi ... ol&start=0 I think you should be bloody proud of yourself!!! To have gone from (by your own admission) drinking heavily every day for 16 years, to once in nearly 9 months is an amazing acheivement
  24. If the ball joint isnt bolted in ( and the more I think about it the more certain I am that they arent) Have an ask how much a complete arm is. Sometimes there isnt that much difference in price and you get new bushes and a lot less work then too
×
×
  • Create New...