emu
Members-
Posts
2,599 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Events
Everything posted by emu
-
??? I wouldn't have thought they were that popular anymore, not now that most people use 'pooters rather than typewriters. Handy as a universal cambelt timing mark tool though It all kind of depends what tires you want to colour in. Dunlops, Goodyears, Goodrich etc can look pretty cool. Mismatched YingChongs and ChungLees??....probably best to stick with correcting spelling mistakes
-
Another top quality waste of time and money then. A lot (all?) of tyres already have a treadwear and traction and temperature rating. I believe it is something to do with the Americans. The system is called the UTQG - Uniform Tire Quality Grading System http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTQG So basically the EU wants its own version of tests that are already carried out??
-
this one? http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.c ... read=84729
-
All the people who are 'intimidated' by them. Is it because you cant see the wearers face? Are you also scared of the much mentioned crash helmet wearer? Is it because you dont understand their language? Do you sit in your hotel room on holiday because you cant understand what the locals are saying? Or is it because all muslims want to blow you up? Just like all irish want to nick your car, and all gay men want to bum you. I'd be more worried about the scum like the man in Vistas 'do you recognise' thread, than a doris with a burkah on doing her weekly shop. As I said earlier though, its a very unusual sight around here and perhaps I would feel differently if they were more common.
-
can you get blind ones? that would work well I would have thought. I'm liking the whole 'modern pump/swirl pot' idea too It's a very neat solution.
-
Ive heard that filling the tank with water works. Makes sense really because if its filled with water then there can't be any room for leftover petrol fumes. What about using nuts and bolts through the tank rather than welding in studs. Then seal them with solder or petropatch etc?
-
Well you shouldn't have, its rated 15 for a reason!!
-
Personally,I couldnt care less. It really doesnt make much odds to me if someone wants to walk around in a burkha or a mankini. That said, they are a bit of an unusual sight around here. Perhaps if it was more common then I might feel differently?? I do appreciate (although didnt realise until recently) that they arent a requirement of their religion. One question though........why do the people who find them intimidating feel that way?
-
No doubt this will get lots of replies of ' It's not as cool / I didn't / They're unreliable/ etc) but here we go anyway....... My suggestion would always be to buy any old banger for at least the first year. Unless racing round the country lanes and the local one-way system doesnt happen like it used to then there is a pretty good chance that your first car will be the one you smash up. Much better to do it to a £200 clanker than your nice shiny Cortina, Escort or whatever. I would have a thought that that £200 15 year old clio is probably cheaper to insure than a 4 grand, 2 year old clio too?? Older cars tend to be easier to repair too, so you can learn a bit about how it wortks and save yourself some money on garage costs. In short, Build up a bit of no-claims and start learning how to drive in an old wreck and then get insured on your motor of choice
-
How do you mean by they are short in height?
-
I have got to grips with this turning them over thing now I spent ages looking for a lever Just mind you dont undo youyr nut or bolt so far that you cant get the ratchet spanner back off, cos that a slight annoyance with flippy-over-types
-
Of all the essential, must have, pinto-into-escort parts that are available, all I used was the engine mounts. Sierra sump was modified with a hammer, Alernator is still on sierra mount and the bell housing is cast iron type 9 unit.
-
I've got copper pipe like Pip suggested for my feed and return lines. Plumbcenter was about half the price of B&Q when I did mine
-
Thats what I was hoping for you when you said it was faint AND wiggling the dipstick. Mine did that until the crank wore through the dipstick and it droppedto the bottom of the sump, then thats where it stayed The crossflow sound like a good plan provided it isnt going to cost you a fortune to get in there??
-
I assume you have tried running it with the dipstick out?? As for the crossflow, a pair of engine mounts, a rear bowl sump, rad hoses and an exhaust manifold should get you up and running I would have thought
-
The Germans take an early lead The English equalize Only to have the goal disallowed Stallone saves the German penalty and the winning english players walk out the front gate following a pitch invasion. Escape to Victory, Brilliant film
-
It said on one of the news programs that they lose signal if you hold it in your left hand, but some clever bod at Apple has said the solution is to not hold it 'that way' If i'm honest, I cant see the appeal of much of Apple products.....(and im feeling like a bit of moaning just for the sake of it ) The Iphone took, what, 3 versions before you got a camera and 3G? Far be it from me to suggest that they might have dragged it out to make more money, but, I think they dragged it out to make more money!!! Anything you want to do on it seems to require an App. Including it seems, making a phone call...... Its maybe just round here, but the few people I know who have one always seem to struggle getting a decent signal....even when us nokia and ericsson boys have full signal. Everyone seems to have an ipod nowadays,plenty claim they cant be without it, but where were they when it was all about the walkman??? and as for the ipad.....an oversize iphone, which doesnt have a camera (2nd version??) and cant make calls? or a laptop with no keyboard? That said, the popularity of all three of those does show how good Apples marketing must be Told you I was feeling like a pointless whinge
-
Didnt spot that first time round
-
couldnt happen could it? I wonder what the story is here then...... http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... miumA=true
-
Im only thing about 3mm, so not loads and loads. I'll try and get chance to whip a wheel off tomorrow and see how much meat there is to start with
-
I havent got any arch lip left to roll I chopped it all back flush and it still rubs. I think my tyres are bigger than yours though
-
Has anyone had any experience of machining the hub mounting face on 7 inch wide superlites? My tyres just touch the arch if the back of the car has a bit of weight in. Its just enough to have rubbed the writing off the sidewal on the offside. Rather than run narrower or lower profile tyres I thought I might get a couple of millimetres taken off the back of the wheel to give the clearence. So I was wondering if anyone had done this before, and how much they had skimmed off. Thank you