emu
Members-
Posts
2,599 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Events
Everything posted by emu
-
Provided they are black, round and legal then thats good enough for me. Only ever once paid out on 'decent' tyres on any of my cars. I put firestones on my daily and they were knackered inside 20,000 miles. The car is an old diesel automatic, so no racing launches or monster wheelspins. Now have cheap and nasties fitted (Runways I think). Car doesnt drive noticeably differently.
-
Classic Ford London to Brighton Run 2011
emu replied to awesome's topic in CLASSIC FORD MAGAZINE-SPEAK TO THE MANAGEMENT
I would assume that it is to to do with the obscene amount that Brighton council want to charge for the privilege of having car shows on Madeira Drive. I think when the Admin here were looking at it for this years L2B it was something like £3000 to close the road if OSF didnt charge the participants and £5 or 6 grand if they did. -
Eastleigh is only a few motorway junctions from me (im in Gosport). If you still need them picking up then I can soon pop over for them over the weekend, or im off next week if it helps. Only thing is, they would need to fit into a merc c-class with no foldy back seat or ski hatch.
-
The other thing is that DVLA, who are in charge of issuing the numbers, is a government department/ agency thingy. There is some good money to be made selling the numbers which 'sort' of spell something
-
http://www.oldskoolford.co.uk/phpBB2/vi ... hp?t=36920
-
thats the one rich! Thought so Ive seen it around a few times and it really is a lovely looking motor. Well done on the purchase
-
Very nice Is that from down Gosport? There is/was a moonstone blue 3dr on similar wheels down here.
-
You could, but dont run up the back of me because you wont be insured!!!
-
It makes a couple more brief appearences in this thread on "Rods'n'sods" http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/histor ... otos-10538 1984!!!???
-
I dunno if anyone else has asked, but Whats happened??
-
Ive had a car go up in flames myself so I kind of know how shit it feels. Difference is, I did mine myself in a welding accident so I only had myself to blame. I cant understand what satisfaction these kids must get from wrecking other peoples property and can only assume the parents couldn't care less?? Years ago we were making campfires at scouts. My group accidentally managed to end up with an entire gorse bush on fire Fire brigade called out and everything. I was crapping myself about my mum finding out, even though I hadnt really done anything wrong. If I had even thought about breaking into a car, never mind torching it she would have beaten seven bells out of me. Then let you do it too! I too hope you can get it all sorted out with insurance/police etc.
-
try rs cosworth breakers portsmouth,he sold me one ,a while back for my old cosworth,in standard condtion didnt need a regrind.standard shells it needed. 250 quid. Their website address is...... http://www.rscosworthbreakers.co.uk/ The map on their location page doesnt show the written address anymore though
-
Whilst the driving is impressive and there always seems to be a 'how the fook??' moment in the videos, I feel inclined to agree with Boxxer. Is he really doing anything that any other WRC driver cant do, he just had the idea making it into that style of film first. I'm not saying he isnt a bloody good driver but If he was blatting through a forest stage then he would have to get every move right first time. Which from what I can gather he doesnt. However, if you take enough footage and have enough goes then you can. Anyway, there great to watch, and I cant do it, so bring on video four
-
If it was in portsmouth then I wont get emotional. I had an image in my head of it being stashed at the end of my road
-
cool thank you. That looks like it might be an option for giving the escort a bit more ground clearence than the sierra one im using at the moment.
-
That looks squeaky clean Go on then, upset me......how local has it been hiding??
-
Ratman...Is that your gearbox crossmember in orange or just a brace? if it is, do you have any closer photos of it please?
-
Are you sure you werent stopped so that a little old lady could get across the crossing with her shopping??
-
At least you wont get lost tomorrow
-
Looks like a nice car, but on a 16k motor I wouldnt be wanting to get gut feelings about it either. One thing though, is it just me, or do the arches not look quite 'right'??
-
gonna need a bigger cage and wheel
-
If you have a look around then you can probably find a list of car insurance groups. A quick google search suggests that '07 fiesta is group 5 and the one GJUK found is group 3. Pandas and 2cv's were always cheap I'm going to sound really old here, but when we were younger i'm certain there wasn't so many people trying to run newer cars as first cars. My class at college (1997/98) consisted of 4 mk1 fiestas, a metro vanden plas automatic, a 1.3 mk2 cavalier, my 1.3 mk2 (which was over £800 to insure then. on £55 wages a week!!!), the newest car any of us had was a G-reg Rover 213. And they were all old, granadad-spec and hanging!!!! I would have thought you could buy an older, but tidy reliable car and insure it for much less than the price of just insuring that fiesta if you tried.However, im happy to be proved wrong....... .......So purely out of interest, could one of you 17 year olds run through a quick quote for 2 cars quickly for me. A 957cc 1983 fiesta popular and a bottom-spec 1.1 1996 fiesta. Both kept on the street, no security,held licience for 2 months so no NCB. Third party only/third party fire theft , and worth about 250 squids I'm curious how much my first car would cost you to insure now, and how much a comparable car (14 year old and basic ) would cost you
-
If the manufacturer says it wont connect to an "N rated router" (Whatever one of those is ), then I think you can be fairly confident they are right and you are wrong
-
It does indeed seem to be a lot of effort just to have 'harrier' on the logbook. If they even say that, and not just 1600 sport as has been said previously. Its possibly cheaper and definately easier to insure the end result as a standard harrier than as a 1.1 GL that has been modified to Harrier spec though.