antz Posted April 17, 2007 Report Posted April 17, 2007 are you religious? i have been reading a lot of books on this subject recently. and after thinking about it, i dont think i am. my reason is because it doesnt make any sense to me. its all contradicting. for instance you have to be good to get into heaven YET when you die god forgives all sins anyway... and asfter all if god only punishes the bad i want to know why he has put my dad through 4 major car crashes amongst heart problems which nearly killed him and more family trouble than anyone needs! if you are, WHY? and if not WHY NOT?
Essex Boy Posted April 17, 2007 Report Posted April 17, 2007 I'm not cause its bullshiat Just a reason to have wars there is no place for it in this day and age might aswell belive in the tooth fairy and santa
ZetecVan 2.0 Posted April 17, 2007 Report Posted April 17, 2007 I'm not, but I don't disrepect people who are.
Trevmk3 Posted April 17, 2007 Report Posted April 17, 2007 dont get me wrong if people follow a religion then its up to them, but as essex boy said its how most wars seem to start. i prefer to believe in science cos at leastthey have some facts not a book written by nobody
GT_Jim Posted April 17, 2007 Report Posted April 17, 2007 its just an answer to keep weak minded people inline does being a jedi count
Slik 50 Posted April 17, 2007 Report Posted April 17, 2007 I seem to find that the people who live by the good book can twist and manipulate what is writen in there to suit their needs and I personally find its all a load of bollox. When I die, I want to go to heaven but I want it to be my heaven. I want fast cars, bikes and women. I want to live of booze and drugs knowing full well I aint going to die again. I want to live in a mad max style heaven.
Mark2Mark Posted April 17, 2007 Report Posted April 17, 2007 When I die, I want to go to heaven but I want it to be my heaven. I want fast cars, bikes and women. I want to live of booze and drugs knowing full well I aint going to die again. I want to live in a mad max style heaven. ^^^Amen to that^^^
Admin Vista Posted April 17, 2007 Admin Report Posted April 17, 2007 religion and politics both taboo subjects, good one Antz, I reckon you'll have kicked off a long one here For what it's worth I don't think it's fair to say "it's all the round ones" there are bound to be god fearing christians somewhere on this site and it isn't right to rubbish their beliefs just because we don't agree with them. In terms of inaccurate sweeping statements, saying all religion is the round ones is easily on par to a lover of Ford engines branding all griffin powered fords as shite. Personally I think that if you get comfort from believing in religion then that's great, it's a free country after all. Besides how many non believers do you reckon say a few quiet prayers in their twilight years? I'm not sure I fancy taking the risk of spending eternity burning in hell when avoiding such a fate would have been so simple and easy had I done it in time. None of us will ever know what heaven is until we get there, it maybe that Slik would get exactly what he wants as reward for spending his life as a god fearing Christian. Indeed heaven could be different for everyone there, who knows eh?
BIGKEV Posted April 17, 2007 Report Posted April 17, 2007 Can of Worms - its all Crap and I dont mind speaking my mind I am a scientist - There is no place for religion in todays world but if you can prove to me that a deity exists then I might change my mind. When I go I will just have wonderfull memories to remember and thats fine by me. I do want to see a flying delorean though - that would be very cool
antz Posted April 17, 2007 Author Report Posted April 17, 2007 i know i opened up the can i just think that religion is very contradiciting. i went to two catholic schools and was brought up with it but i was given my own choices and seeing what my dad has been through, i dont see how any god would put anyone through that...unless heaven is pretty damn good!
Slik 50 Posted April 17, 2007 Report Posted April 17, 2007 Its just that when I think of heaven I see it as all white and clean. full of very pleasent people that talk quitley. somewhere which has no litter or violance, somewhere that smells of flowers and all the grass is perfectly cut. No graffiti No swearing, no polution. Somewhere that is just perfect. No I do not wish to spend the rest of eternaty there. In fact why would anyone? Some of my closest freinds are Christians, and they are some of the nicest people I have ever met. They speak very openly about there belifes and are not ashamed nor sould they be. But when asked questions like, "what will heaven be like?" You are given the answer along the lines of "Heaven is beyond any human comprehension " WTF do's that mean? why is it beyond comprehension? Why am I unable to have a vauge idea about what "Heaven" would be like Its when you ask qustions and get answers like that, It makes me feel that it is a load of bollox fed to weak minded people who are to scared to live in the real world. People who get cut up in traffic by someone like me and havnt got the balls to call me a w*nker because they know "god" is watching and I will be judged on the sneaky manouver. Its not my intention to offend but if I do
antz Posted April 17, 2007 Author Report Posted April 17, 2007 i see your point slik and actually agree with it in some ways. if they wanna belive then i dont have a problem BUT they have no evidenmce of it. its all about faith. but if i have faith that one day i will fly to the moon by flpping my wings it doesnt mean its true
Mr Sam Posted April 17, 2007 Report Posted April 17, 2007 saw this pic a while back but its pretty much my thought on the matter, no offence to anyone each to thier own
Slik 50 Posted April 17, 2007 Report Posted April 17, 2007 I have had some very long talks aand dicusions about religion with my freinds and I do ask them all sorts of questions along these lines but I always seem to end up at square 1. They do find though that a lot of todays sociaty is against them. About 2 years ago they wanted to have a go at fostering a child. Apart from caring for and raising someone elses child into there religion I was all behind them as they would make great foster parents. They had to pass an interveiw which they did, Then it was onto a big group sesion thing with other couples looking to foster. They all got split up and handed a few questions that they had to answer as a group. One of the qustions was along the lines of: "You have to repopulate a deserted island please choose 25 from the following 40 people to take with you" (This id where my mate made me laugh) In the list there were people like A scout leader A freshly graduated doctor A wheel chair bound doctor A gay nurse A primary school teacher A university lecturer A gay actor A profesional footballer Ect.ect. You get the picture Basically my mate said they should leave all the homosexuals and disabled people as there is no provisions for wheel chair bound people it being a deserted desert island and the idea was to "repopulate" bearing in mind Its physicaly impossible to do with just 25 people, so the less homosexuals the better there chance's of suvival are. 2 weeks later they were told to try and find a fostering organisation that was more "sympathetic" to there belifes. How sh*t is that when the lady came around to tell them the couldnt foster, she asked them what they would do if they found out the 14 year old boy they were fostering was found sleeping with the 14 year old boy from around the corner. My mate replied I would go mental. She then told them it was because of that point of veiw they couldnt foster to which my mate replied he would go mental if he found the 14 year old boy sleeping with the 14 year old girl from around the corner I think religion is just surrounded by crap
Slik 50 Posted April 17, 2007 Report Posted April 17, 2007 saw this pic a while back but its pretty much my thought on the matter, no offence to anyone each to thier own FPMSL
Admin Mk2Jo Posted April 17, 2007 Admin Report Posted April 17, 2007 No, I am not religious and I think that the majority of the wars in the world are as a result of religion. I do however believe that Robins are reincarnated human beings .... my point being that I believe in reincarnation which is sometimes associated with religion.
arch Posted April 17, 2007 Report Posted April 17, 2007 yer i like tht idea bein in a place like mad max. i would have to get a big motor in the escort paint it black rip the interoir out an put big gas tanks in lol actully sod tht jus giv me a falcon lol. but i think its a loada the round ones rele ill beleave want i want 2 an not all tht the heavens will open an the mighty lord will smight me an all tht crap. my reglinon is osf rules
john_3.0s Posted April 18, 2007 Report Posted April 18, 2007 religeon gives a lot of people a lot of comfort, but personally I dont "live by the book" BUT I can see how it gives people strength and improves their own morals. For example murderers would not murder if they were really religeous, of course it all gets tricky in times of war but then thats not murder.....is it?.... Anyway I guess all I am saying is that it gives people a framework to live their lives by, If you truely believe that what ever happens to you (heart attacks, cancer, accidents etc) god will look after you and you will end up in heaven it must make these things easier to deal with. The problem is when religeons meet, I think we all know what happens then....
DeuceCoupe Posted April 18, 2007 Report Posted April 18, 2007 nope don't believe in god but each to there own if thats what they want to believe
Smudger105e Posted April 18, 2007 Report Posted April 18, 2007 I'm an agnostic (or is it atheistist?) There is not god IMHO, people make the world happen. If there was a god, would the shooting in Virginia have happened? God works in mysterious way.... my ass!!
mk3cokebottle Posted April 18, 2007 Report Posted April 18, 2007 Ha religion the only thing that im religious towards is getting in every night having a can of stella and a kip !!!! i would love to no who the real author of the bible is i bet he's worth a fortune the lucky feck!!!!!
Jimbob-Squarepants © Posted April 18, 2007 Report Posted April 18, 2007 I'm not cause its bullshiat Just a reason to have wars there is no place for it in this day and age might aswell belive in the tooth fairy and santa What's wrong in believing in Santa... Or the tooth fairy??? I must admit, the tooth fairy hasn't been to see me for a long time now, but Santa still comes once a year (I've seen him & Rudolph, and someone eat's the mince pie's!) On a more serious plane, I personally don't know where I stand. Like Jo say's, I would like to hope that some form of re-incarnation happens, but I can't believe in god! My reason? Why is it there are so many murdering, theiving scum out there in our world which live on till their old and grey? Why (if he exists) can't "God" take these morons from us first instead of taking the vast majority of my family away??? Does not make sense
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now