Admin Vista Posted May 3, 2007 Admin Report Posted May 3, 2007 Anyone else been having problems with the site over the last couple of days? I've been having problems with the pages being slow to open (so much so I give up) and pictures not displaying. I thought maybe it was my Donkey PC at work, but every other site worked fine. Anyone?
Cookie Posted May 3, 2007 Report Posted May 3, 2007 Not lately m8, but I do have spells where I can't get on at all, an not when it goes down either as the posts are still being made, think its my pc being tempremental, only happens on the here, the one site i spend most of my time on aswell, sods law
Admin Mk2Jo Posted May 3, 2007 Admin Report Posted May 3, 2007 Well .....today I have been seeing some red X's where pics should be but after I have reloaded the page they have appeared
ZetecVan 2.0 Posted May 3, 2007 Report Posted May 3, 2007 I've not had any problems today. I've not had to reboot the server since before we were upgraded the other week.
Admin Vista Posted May 11, 2007 Author Admin Report Posted May 11, 2007 It's been over a week now and I can't use the site from work at all anymore. The Home page comes up fine and as quickly as it always did. But once you try and go to the forum if it opens at all it takes ages, then when it does the page isn't displayed properly. Red crosses appear in all the boxes where pictures should be and the outline is wire framed. It shows me online, but to open a thread is a non starter. All other sites and forums seem to work fine and I've tried it from more than one PC at work with identical symptoms. Come home and everythings fine though . Any ideas? I'm actually having to do some work!
Jimbob-Squarepants © Posted May 11, 2007 Report Posted May 11, 2007 I lost you all for about a minuite yesterday evening, but apart from that, it's been A-OK!!!!
SidewaysBird Posted May 11, 2007 Report Posted May 11, 2007 I've been having a few problems too in the past couple of days - slow to open pages and then it loses the site.
ZetecVan 2.0 Posted May 11, 2007 Report Posted May 11, 2007 It could be a problem with your ISP, or firewall at work. Next time it happens, try and send me a PM and I'll check things out. Mike
Admin Vista Posted May 11, 2007 Author Admin Report Posted May 11, 2007 It could be a problem with your ISP, or firewall at work. Next time it happens, try and send me a PM and I'll check things out. Mike It happens every day and every time Mike. It started towards the end of last week and is the same every day. I can't send PM as the pages either don't load up at all or take so long it comes back with a message that the page is not responding.
Admin Vista Posted May 14, 2007 Author Admin Report Posted May 14, 2007 Here you go, if the pages open at all they take ages and this is what they look like when they do. I can't however gat any further than that (i.e. opening a thread) The only thread I can view is the one from the shortcut on the home page, if I try and open one from the forum it just freezes up. All other sites seem to work normally
Burns Posted May 14, 2007 Report Posted May 14, 2007 that sometimes happens for me, closing your browser and re-opening it seems to cure it for me
ZetecVan 2.0 Posted May 14, 2007 Report Posted May 14, 2007 Very strange. Next time it happens, click, start->run then type 'cmd' then at the C: prompt enter ping www.oldskoolford.co.uk it'll contact the server and tell you how long it takes to reply. imac-g5:~ Mike$ ping www.oldskoolford.co.uk PING www.oldskoolford.co.uk (81.29.86.100): 56 data bytes 64 bytes from 81.29.86.100: icmp_seq=0 ttl=55 time=26.986 ms 64 bytes from 81.29.86.100: icmp_seq=1 ttl=55 time=176.387 ms 64 bytes from 81.29.86.100: icmp_seq=2 ttl=55 time=32.306 ms --- www.oldskoolford.co.uk ping statistics --- 3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0% packet loss round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 26.180/50.760/176.387/51.342 ms You should also do ping 81.29.86.100 imac-g5:~ Mike$ ping 81.29.86.100 PING 81.29.86.100 (81.29.86.100): 56 data bytes 64 bytes from 81.29.86.100: icmp_seq=0 ttl=55 time=29.129 ms 64 bytes from 81.29.86.100: icmp_seq=1 ttl=55 time=30.340 ms 64 bytes from 81.29.86.100: icmp_seq=2 ttl=55 time=28.231 ms --- 81.29.86.100 ping statistics --- 3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0% packet loss round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 28.231/69.668/192.885/53.691 ms Do a screen dump or cut and paste and post up your results. You may be getting destination host unreachable or request timed out errors.
Admin Vista Posted May 14, 2007 Author Admin Report Posted May 14, 2007 How do you do thoses screen dumps Press the Print screen key, it should be on the right of the F12 key. Then paste it into paint and save it as a JPEG
Jay_harrier Posted May 14, 2007 Report Posted May 14, 2007 Very strange. Next time it happens, click, start->run then type 'cmd' then at the C: prompt enter ping www.oldskoolford.co.uk it'll contact the server and tell you how long it takes to reply. imac-g5:~ Mike$ ping www.oldskoolford.co.uk PING www.oldskoolford.co.uk (81.29.86.100): 56 data bytes 64 bytes from 81.29.86.100: icmp_seq=0 ttl=55 time=26.986 ms 64 bytes from 81.29.86.100: icmp_seq=1 ttl=55 time=176.387 ms 64 bytes from 81.29.86.100: icmp_seq=2 ttl=55 time=32.306 ms --- www.oldskoolford.co.uk ping statistics --- 3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0% packet loss round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 26.180/50.760/176.387/51.342 ms You should also do ping 81.29.86.100 imac-g5:~ Mike$ ping 81.29.86.100 PING 81.29.86.100 (81.29.86.100): 56 data bytes 64 bytes from 81.29.86.100: icmp_seq=0 ttl=55 time=29.129 ms 64 bytes from 81.29.86.100: icmp_seq=1 ttl=55 time=30.340 ms 64 bytes from 81.29.86.100: icmp_seq=2 ttl=55 time=28.231 ms --- 81.29.86.100 ping statistics --- 3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0% packet loss round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 28.231/69.668/192.885/53.691 ms Do a screen dump or cut and paste and post up your results. You may be getting destination host unreachable or request timed out errors. I can abuse my position at work & set up some http availability/latency monitoring to give you some useful stats to take the the service hosting company if you like? Don't worry it won't bring the site down, part of our business is 24/7 managed service/monitoring, all run of the mill stuff. I would have thought the hosting company would be able to give some bandwidth stats or a traffic profile to identify problematic times. The other point to remember is a good proportion of the images on the forum are hosted elsewhere, ie photobucket, this is really slow lately. The other test besides the "ping" is a tracert as it shows all the hops: "Tracert oldskoolford.co.uk" Stars are not a good thing to see or big numbers . Apologies to those that I've just bored the arse off!
Admin Vista Posted May 14, 2007 Author Admin Report Posted May 14, 2007 Very strange. Next time it happens, click, start->run then type 'cmd' then at the C: prompt enter ping www.oldskoolford.co.uk it'll contact the server and tell you how long it takes to reply. imac-g5:~ Mike$ ping www.oldskoolford.co.uk PING www.oldskoolford.co.uk (81.29.86.100): 56 data bytes 64 bytes from 81.29.86.100: icmp_seq=0 ttl=55 time=26.986 ms 64 bytes from 81.29.86.100: icmp_seq=1 ttl=55 time=176.387 ms 64 bytes from 81.29.86.100: icmp_seq=2 ttl=55 time=32.306 ms --- www.oldskoolford.co.uk ping statistics --- 3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0% packet loss round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 26.180/50.760/176.387/51.342 ms You should also do ping 81.29.86.100 imac-g5:~ Mike$ ping 81.29.86.100 PING 81.29.86.100 (81.29.86.100): 56 data bytes 64 bytes from 81.29.86.100: icmp_seq=0 ttl=55 time=29.129 ms 64 bytes from 81.29.86.100: icmp_seq=1 ttl=55 time=30.340 ms 64 bytes from 81.29.86.100: icmp_seq=2 ttl=55 time=28.231 ms --- 81.29.86.100 ping statistics --- 3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0% packet loss round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 28.231/69.668/192.885/53.691 ms Do a screen dump or cut and paste and post up your results. You may be getting destination host unreachable or request timed out errors. I can abuse my position at work & set up some http availability/latency monitoring to give you some useful stats to take the the service hosting company if you like? Don't worry it won't bring the site down, part of our business is 24/7 managed service/monitoring, all run of the mill stuff. I would have thought the hosting company would be able to give some bandwidth stats or a traffic profile to identify problematic times. The other point to remember is a good proportion of the images on the forum are hosted elsewhere, ie photobucket, this is really slow lately. The other test besides the "ping" is a tracert as it shows all the hops: "Tracert oldskoolford.co.uk" Stars are not a good thing to see or big numbers . Apologies to those that I've just bored the arse off! Que? English please meeester
Jay_harrier Posted May 14, 2007 Report Posted May 14, 2007 Que? English please meeester Beunos Dias, que el paso de mumbo jumbo scorchio .... & I can order 4 beers like a local Trouble is with t'internet the problem disappears as quickly as it appeared. There's something else having a hand in this as you are getting the page but not the content. I'll find another similar forum to see if you get the same. From your description it sounds like its only at work & to OSF which is weird, do you know if your company runs software to block certain websites & types of content? (ie video from youtube & the like).
Slik 50 Posted May 15, 2007 Report Posted May 15, 2007 How do you do thoses screen dumps Press the Print screen key, it should be on the right of the F12 key. Then paste it into paint and save it as a JPEG I press the print scrn button and it dosnt do anything
Slik 50 Posted May 15, 2007 Report Posted May 15, 2007 Paste what? it dosnt do anything or bring up any options
mk2_escort_chick Posted May 15, 2007 Report Posted May 15, 2007 Press prt scrn-->go into paint--> then hold down keys Ctrl and V to paste it in It should appear then
Slik 50 Posted May 15, 2007 Report Posted May 15, 2007 Check me the fook out I will be the next Bill Gates for sure Is there any other way to upload the paint pic rather then going through photobucket or not? Oh and cheers Sarah
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now