Admin Vista Posted November 8, 2010 Admin Report Posted November 8, 2010 I guess that depends on your perspective, i.e. whether you are an employee or an employer. Personally I've always hated it whichever side of the fence I was as if I'm off sick my workload just builds up till I get back so what's the point in taking a sickie? They also drain resources from your employer and can also put an unfair work load on your colleagues.................plus when the employer comes to make redundancies, who do you think will get looked at first, the employee with a high productivity record or the one who regularly puts in a 4 day week? Food for thought eh?
Boreham Posted November 8, 2010 Report Posted November 8, 2010 I guess that depends on your perspective, i.e. whether you are an employee or an employer. Personally I've always hated it whichever side of the fence I was as if I'm off sick my workload just builds up till I get back so what's the point in taking a sickie? They also drain resources from your employer and can also put an unfair work load on your colleagues.................plus when the employer comes to make redundancies, who do you think will get looked at first, the employee with a high productivity record or the one who regularly puts in a 4 day week? Food for thought eh? I totally agree..
fieldy1972 Posted November 8, 2010 Report Posted November 8, 2010 never pulled a sickie in my life. but saying that i do get rained off. like i did today.
Slammed Posted November 8, 2010 Author Report Posted November 8, 2010 im doing it from college i should have said but am doing work at home.. so win win for me anyway but totally understand it froma work point of view, wouldnt do it from my work at all need the money
Grizzley Dell Posted November 8, 2010 Report Posted November 8, 2010 I guess that depends on your perspective, i.e. whether you are an employee or an employer. Personally I've always hated it whichever side of the fence I was as if I'm off sick my workload just builds up till I get back so what's the point in taking a sickie? They also drain resources from your employer and can also put an unfair work load on your colleagues.................plus when the employer comes to make redundancies, who do you think will get looked at first, the employee with a high productivity record or the one who regularly puts in a 4 day week? Food for thought eh? whose a sensible chap then.
ratman Posted November 8, 2010 Report Posted November 8, 2010 Uncle Vista speaks sense once again There is a bloke at work who's nickname is sicknote no prizes for guessing why and who didn’t come in today I’ve got a twisted pelvis and in constant pain and I was in been to the osteopath all back in place for now
Admin Vista Posted November 8, 2010 Admin Report Posted November 8, 2010 Uncle Vista speaks sense once again K'in ell that makes me sound old I had someone like that at a previous place of work and we used to say that "he had more time off than Nelsons Right hand"! (if anyone doesn't get that then go and look at a picture of him) As to sensible, perhaps but I've seen it from both sides of the fence and think that faked sickies are a piss take. Both out of the employer and out of your colleagues, some of whom you may call friends.
Slammed Posted November 8, 2010 Author Report Posted November 8, 2010 Uncle Vista speaks sense once again K'in ell that makes me sound old As to sensible, perhaps but I've seen it from both sides of the fence and think that faked sickies are a piss take. Both out of the employer and out of your colleagues, some of whom you may call friends. you are the wise one on here to be honest always full of knowledge and answers
Admin Vista Posted November 8, 2010 Admin Report Posted November 8, 2010 you are the wise one on here to be honest always full of knowledge and answers Thank you but trust me, there are plenty on here wiser than me. Especially when it comes to specialist subjects like engines, gearboxes, suspension etc.
Trevmk3 Posted November 8, 2010 Report Posted November 8, 2010 one of our service engineers is always off supposedly ill
deltamal Posted November 8, 2010 Report Posted November 8, 2010 As said, I keep a close watch on sikkies and lateness, especially in the "quiet " times
ratman Posted November 8, 2010 Report Posted November 8, 2010 Its scarey times all around in local goverment with bugets cut in half and whole departments going to the wall as said above the guys who dont give a sh1t will be the 1st to meet the dole cue.
5hane Posted November 8, 2010 Report Posted November 8, 2010 TBH, last sicky i pulled was the day i had my driving test, and before that i cant remember, 9/10 if your honest and say youve got to do something most people are understanding... saying that though, i have had half days when ive had to go to the "dentist"... and atually went to gigs but i get bored to fook if i just pull a sicky and dont do anything all day, rather be at work / college
redrocket Posted November 8, 2010 Report Posted November 8, 2010 1 sick day in 1 year 2 months, new years eve I ate some shitty food... what a day to pull a sickie on... my dad took a "sick week" 2 weeks ago due to doctors orders, he pulled a muscle in his back and was on valium or something for the week. it was his first sick day (week) since 1988!
jajoinery Posted November 8, 2010 Report Posted November 8, 2010 im self employed no work no money same here mate.. cant afford to be off..
over_head_cam Posted November 8, 2010 Report Posted November 8, 2010 im self employed no work no money same here mate.. cant afford to be off.. Me 2
Fishtailparka Posted November 9, 2010 Report Posted November 9, 2010 I work 19 days on, 2 days off. Yesterday was my day off. I got bored and went to work.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now