what went on then??????

SebringRS

Untill i moved oop north id been going to the ace for about 7 years on and off and its allways been the same. Looks like they've stopped it because they've been caught as for the old skool ford bit theres no copy right on the name is there so who cares if they use it as surely it belongs to the scene not just this site. fook um and boycot

speed bumps would solve it all.or do the cafe owners not want them ?? or is it the bus and mail companys ? they want the business but without the responsibility of what customer problems it may attract.no point pointing fingers and not addressing the issues ,as it's a by product of their success.time for them to solve this or nobody will bother going and another good venue is ruined.

Untill i moved oop north id been going to the ace for about 7 years on and off and its allways been the same. Looks like they've stopped it because they've been caught as for the old skool ford bit theres no copy right on the name is there so who cares if they use it as surely it belongs to the scene not just this site. fook um and boycot

A fair point re the Old Skool Ford name not being registered as a trademark or copyrighted by us in any way. BUT as the ACE are bringing the site into disrepute by implying that it was an event run and managed by this club (which is precisely what the ACE are saying with the poster on their FB page) then whichever way you look at it, it is libel. Primarily because the name when phrased as Old Skool Ford, and applied to events and meets is associated solely with this site (regardless of any copyright that does or doesn't exist). It therefore does very much affect this forum because people who aren't members but may have become so, may not now sign up as they perceive the sites members to be troublemakers and hooligans that cause problems at meets.

A fair point re the Old Skool Ford name not being registered as a trademark or copyrighted by us in any way. BUT as the ACE are bringing the site into disrepute by implying that it was an event run and managed by this club (which is precisely what the ACE are saying with the poster on their FB page) then whichever way you look at it, it is libel. Primarily because the name when phrased as Old Skool Ford, and applied to events and meets is associated solely with this site (regardless of any copyright that does or doesn't exist). It therefore does very much affect this forum because people who aren't members but may have become so, may not now sign up as they perceive the sites members to be troublemakers and hooligans that cause problems at meets.

Exactly. you hit the nail on the head and that's the first thing that sprung to mind when I saw the content of this thread....

Dunno about you lot,but I built an modified osf to go sideways, been doing it

since the early 80's and I went to all of the old meets to meet up with like

minded people @ Chelsea,Heston, Thurrock ,Guildford cruise,

Boxhill midweek meets ( the real ones) , etc.

If you don't want to see this sort of behaviour, stay at home on your key boards

criticising REAL old Skool drivers where you belong, just my honest opinion

and one that most of the proper old Skool ford drivers who have not posted on

this thread would agree with I suspect !

Btw, I am building a mk1 tina,x flow powered at the mo , and one of the

first things I bought was a tran x slipper, cheers Darran and Mark :thumbsup:

puddy :ykt:

ps, who would build an out an out osf for drag racing and then not run it at the strip ? :lol:

If you don't want to see this sort of behaviour, stay at home on your key boards

ps, who would build an out an out osf for drag racing and then not run it at the strip ? :lol:

"REAL old skool drivers"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My view, for what it's worth:

Whilst I haven't met any of you face to face (yet), you all seem a good bunch and are into cars for the same reason most petrolheads are (love of cars, meeting like minded people, the satisfaction that comes from keeping/modifying an older car etc etc).

There are definately 2 sects to 'the car scene' - there are real petrolheads (like us) and then there are the shitheads who buy branded products (HKS etc) and go for peak horsepower over drivability, the type of knobhead who spends £10k on getting 600bhp before spending a bean on brakes, suspension etc to match.....these people are not petrolheads, they are oxygen thieves (the type of person at this meet by the looks of things)!!

I have been on many forums over the years and this is by far the most friendly, with 'sensible' people on it, who know what they are talking about. You like to drive the way the cars are modified to do (i.e. quick), but know the limits i.e. why do 60 through a 30 zone (which are generally there to protect kids etc), why act up in front of crowds where a momentary lapse of concentration could end your life (jail) and somebody else's (death) etc etc. Many other forums are full of people who quote marketing bullshit to make it look like they know what they are on about, modify by getting someone else to do it for them by throwing shit loads of money at it etc. I have chosen to stay away from these sites (generally the Japanese scene - in my experience) because it winds me up.

Regarding Old Skool Ford; can we not register it as a 'not for profit organisation' and therefore register the name (perhaps even register it as a trademark)? This way anyone using the name without permission would be breaking the law and deleting posts from Retards Club (another crock of shite site in my opinion) would be the least of their worries. I am a qualified accountant (not a stereotypical one - before you all have a King dig) and would be happy to discuss the formalities of my idea with the site administrators and other professional members (lawyers etc) who could bring constructive knowledge to the party.

In short, I am a Ford man, have been forever and like this site and everything it stands for. I don't want to see it dragged into disrepute through the antics of some chav Apple Pies. If we need to go 'official' then so be it.

Thoughts?

I doubt anyone disagrees with you Puddy, I certainly don't. The point is though:

a. It wasn't any of us doing it

b. It wasn't an OSF meet

c. I'd like to think that most people on here are old enough and wise enough to know how to enjoy their cars but also know the limit and accept that that kind of driving in such close proximity to pedestrians and other motorists (as demonstrated on youtube) is well beyond it.

Does point c. make me an old man who isn't really an OSF enthusiast :huh: I don't think so.

Administrators:

Loving the automatic substitutes; making love = King, pleasuring yourself = Apple Pie.........genius! PMSL

There's many more than that for you to find mate :mrgreen:

Too be honest i,m struggling with this one , so can someone put me right .

Is,nt the issue at the Ace about the police being pelted with bricks and stones hence the call for back up i.e cars , meat wagons , helicopters etc , and not about the burnouts ,drifting etc which has been going on for years ( done it myself and would prob leave with a burnout next time i went )

So at the end of the day it could be anyone throwing the missiles and not neccesarily associated with osf or any club .

Have i got this wrong ?

You're right Col , I was there that night and the usual shenanigans were going on at the roundabout but the trouble all started when 2 police cars drove past , one stopped and was then surrounded by 'chavs' who proceeded to hurl abuse and objects at it. Nothing to do with old fords or any type of cars/clubs etc just uneducated twats with no respect for anything :banghead: a few plastic bullets or a water cannon would have quietened them down :hush:

The problem is, the behaviour is been directly associated with Old Skool Ford and the cancellation is appearing to be a punishment for this site. The cancellation flyer notice pictured says the Old Skool Ford nights are cancelled and that the Ace will not tolerate anti social behaviour, clearly implying Old Skool Ford owners (and therefore members of this site) are at fault.

Or we could set up 'Ace Cafe Mobile Catering' from a dodgy caravan and serve under cooked burgers and sausages made from dog meat......maybe doughnuts too with E Coli on the side :twisted:

Its been going on at the Ace for ages, I am surprised that no one has been seriously injured or killed, I stopped going many years ago because I didn't feel safe. I'm used to cars passing close by at high speed, but mostly the drivers give the impression of being in control. (I used to be a marshall) An out of control vehicle, at any speed, can cause untold damage to a soft and squidgy human, been there, seen it thanks. Despite all the red tape involved, circuits and courses are set up the way they are for a reason, to separate people from cars, how funny would it have been if the jeep, hit by the bike, had been replaced by a member of the public, King hilarious, no?

Could we not set up a Still retards club page to put our point of view? So that comments made cannot be deleted?

As for sending a letter, I trust we sent a copy to the local press as well? As well as the motoring magazines? Just so they know?

I am no angel, and like many have driven in silly ways when I was younger, and have a bit of a lead foot, but I have never done anything like that shown in the videos posted earlier.