skeeter Posted December 20, 2014 Report Posted December 20, 2014 Now that we are starting to move into winter I have decided that it is time for both of my 'classics' to be tucked away warm and dry. They can keep each other company until the spring when they will come out of hibernation. I quite liked the picture of the two of them together so thought I would share. Merry Christmas all. S 1
Admin Vista Posted December 20, 2014 Admin Report Posted December 20, 2014 Just a few inches yet generations apart!
Moderator Rally Pack 2000 Posted December 21, 2014 Moderator Report Posted December 21, 2014 This is an interesting ritual? Isnt the difference between Summer and Winter is driving with your window down or not? Im not sure I believe all those mythical tales of white raining down from the sky and covering the ground and making all the leaves fall off. What is it you call that stuff........ snow? Next you will be telling me you dont go to the beach at Christmas to cool off! 1
Admin Vista Posted December 21, 2014 Admin Report Posted December 21, 2014 This is an interesting ritual? Isnt the difference between Summer and Winter is driving with your window down or not? Im not sure I believe all those mythical tales of white raining down from the sky and covering the ground and making all the leaves fall off. What is it you call that stuff........ snow? Next you will be telling me you dont go to the beach at Christmas to cool off! It's more about the salt that gets used on the roads to keep the ice at bay but you can, in the North and Scotland, almost guarantee snow at some point in the Winter. The days are also much shorter and I don't know about others but I'm not a fan of 70's lights in the dark and rain
skeeter Posted December 21, 2014 Author Report Posted December 21, 2014 As Vitsa says really. Also, you have to ask yourself why you own cars like this? For me, they are not modes of transport but things for fun and personally I don't derive much,fun driving either in the dark, wet, potentially icy conditions of winter. If you do then great. Finally despite what "driving gods" will tell you, driving a powerful rear wheel drive car on untreated roads where I live in the middle of winter is not fun at all. At least my modern car has traction control and the like, the Lotus has no such thing. S
GJUK Posted December 21, 2014 Report Posted December 21, 2014 In the process of 'wrapping' mine up also Love your Carlton.
mk2 mike Posted December 22, 2014 Report Posted December 22, 2014 Mines up on stands with the wheels off for winter too. I normally SORN it between October to March each year
Benjy✌ Posted December 22, 2014 Report Posted December 22, 2014 My mk2 Tina is used every day of the year! I'm hardcore haha!
GJUK Posted December 22, 2014 Report Posted December 22, 2014 My mk2 Tina is used every day of the year! I'm hardcore haha! Planning a full rebuild next year !?
Admin Vista Posted December 22, 2014 Admin Report Posted December 22, 2014 Mines up on stands with the wheels off for winter too. I normally SORN it between October to March each year Thanks for the reminder, both the RS and the van are still taxed, must SORN before the end of the month to get a few months back before starting again in April.
mk2 mike Posted December 22, 2014 Report Posted December 22, 2014 You're welcome. My commission is 15% 1
Kieran Posted December 22, 2014 Report Posted December 22, 2014 This is an interesting ritual? Isnt the difference between Summer and Winter is driving with your window down or not? Im not sure I believe all those mythical tales of white raining down from the sky and covering the ground and making all the leaves fall off. What is it you call that stuff........ snow? Next you will be telling me you dont go to the beach at Christmas to cool off! It's alright for some over in Australia!
deltamal Posted December 22, 2014 Report Posted December 22, 2014 Both mine are tucked up for the winter!
quickrack Posted December 22, 2014 Report Posted December 22, 2014 I semi retire mine in winter. So if I am free on a nice day I can go out in her
walsh253 Posted December 22, 2014 Report Posted December 22, 2014 You can show off about going to the beach on Christmas day,but your the one that has to look at all the fat ugly girls in thongs!!Whos laughing now....................
accord83 Posted December 22, 2014 Report Posted December 22, 2014 What! There's a beach in Preston? Who knew?
Benjy✌ Posted December 22, 2014 Report Posted December 22, 2014 Planning a full rebuild next year !?I have a 1600E that is currently undergoing a rebuild!! my other daily mk2 is no minter but long as you keep on top of rot and maintain them, there a joy to use daily!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now