Cyclist rant!!!

Tackleberry

Would you all say the same if your sons daughters grandsons grandaughters, said i want to be a road racing cyclist.like Bradley or Mark.

My daughter took my bike out last week, as she is now going through her Bradley Wiggins phase. However, she punctured my front wheel and just put the bike back without sorting it out.

As a punishment, I held her down and cut her sideburns off...

• Like 3

So if you think cyclists are a PITFA.....what about HORSES ?

Why the F*ck do we let these potentially life threatening pieces of soon to be Big Mac out on the public highway.

We get packs of the things clogging up the roads round here, again two abreast, moving at glacial speed whilst crapping all over the road, put the bastard things in a field where they belong.

Modern roads are no place for a half ton, mentalist  sh*t machine that gets scared and freaks out if it hears someone sneeze three streets away :arnie: :arnie: :arnie:

• Like 2

Horse shits pretty dangerous stuff,,,,nearly hit it a few times when out on a motorbike,,,,even in a car at a bend

So I have to pick up a little bit of dog shit.( not saying I shouldnt)

But the guy on a horse doesn't have to lift a bucket load,,,and it's very dangerous .

So if you think cyclists are a PITFA.....what about HORSES ?

Why the F*ck do we let these potentially life threatening pieces of soon to be Big Mac out on the public highway.

We get packs of the things clogging up the roads round here, again two abreast, moving at glacial speed whilst crapping all over the road, put the bastard things in a field where they belong.

Modern roads are no place for a half ton, mentalist  sh*t machine that gets scared and freaks out if it hears someone sneeze three streets away :arnie: :arnie: :arnie:

seconded

road tax for the horses. and cyclists.

maybe the cost of road tax would go DOWN if all the others had to pay up?? or am I being too simplistic?

a few more bobbies on the beat would help if they had a way of tracing other people than just car owners.

to be fair, last year there was a bit of a purge on cyclists jumping the lights around Oxford Circus. i think the police just advised the cyclists in case their feelings were hurt or they felt they were being picked on....wonder what would happen if i jumped the lights or drove on the pavement?

Just come home from Majorca with two cycling mates done 300 miles in 5 days , was so friendly not one motorist got angry with us or told us we should have road tax( not that we would understand them ) .But then we do ride with consideration for other road users ,as do the majority of older  club road riders  who also drive .

As i said before, tar and brush,.

let me know when you're up in the big smoke and I'll introduce you to King's Cross (where I work). I'm surprised there's not at least one a day squished. If they're not cutting up cars and breaking the rules of the road, they're trying to mow down pedestrians. None of them seem to care. no indication for their own or anyone else's benefit, and yet they have the bloody cheek to moan if something happens..... I'm tempted to play them at their own game - put a silly camera on my head and run about in front of them.

let me know when you're up in the big smoke and I'll introduce you to King's Cross (where I work). I'm surprised there's not at least one a day squished. If they're not cutting up cars and breaking the rules of the road, they're trying to mow down pedestrians. None of them seem to care. no indication for their own or anyone else's benefit, and yet they have the bloody cheek to moan if something happens..... I'm tempted to play them at their own game - put a silly camera on my head and run about in front of them.

I dont need you to introduce me to kings cross I drive  up in  the big smoke quite often with my job .  im not defending all the cyclists up there. im defending the cyclists that ride and enjoy the road as i do.There are idiot cyclists about but there are also idiot drivers. And as for cameras iff i rode a bike up there i would wear one. as they say the camera never lies.

Just come home from Majorca with two cycling mates done 300 miles in 5 days , was so friendly not one motorist got angry with us or told us we should have road tax( not that we would understand them ) .But then we do ride with consideration for other road users ,as do the majority of older club road riders who also drive .

As i said before, tar and brush,.

Dam, I paid customs 10k to stop you & your cycling buddies coming back in! Must have slipped through. :lol:

Seriously, I agree there are some considerable cyclists out there but not as many as I would like.

• Like 1

Dam, I paid customs 10k to stop you & your cycling buddies coming back in! Must have slipped through. :lol:

Seriously, I agree there are some considerable cyclists out there but not as many as I would like.

Wasn't aware that i'd told you i was going :-D

if you had given me the 10k we would have stayed there. :-D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You could describe them as that Dave. I however would describe them as drivers that are too busy looking for fares than watching the road, stopping wherever they want including crossings, junctions, and the middle of the road totally disregarding traffic laws, dropping off passengers and completely holding up two lanes of traffic rather than pull into a space ten feet away. They drive me mad. The lack of consideration for others and general standard of driving is appalling. When you try and speak to them about their (and I use this word loosely) driving, they go mental and either call their mates over to try and intimidate you (bearing in mind I'm 6ft 4 and 18 stone it takes more than a few blokes in pink shirts and chequered shorts to do that) or blow their top shouting 'us cabbies are your ears and eyes on the street). In 16 years in this job NOT ONE has ever been a help in anything. If anything they've hindered me!

'Hardest job in the world, 30 years man and boy' etc etc. RAM IT!!!

Rant over

• Like 1

Wow!, I'm glad I only had itinerant sheep to deal with, the village taxi was an ancient Wolseley 18/85 Landcrab with more filler than car that only did a couple of elderly ladies shopping trips a week, the driver was no bother. (but it was black)

You could describe them as that Dave. I however would describe them as drivers that are too busy looking for fares than watching the road, stopping wherever they want including crossings, junctions, and the middle of the road totally disregarding traffic laws, dropping off passengers and completely holding up two lanes of traffic rather than pull into a space ten feet away. They drive me mad. The lack of consideration for others and general standard of driving is appalling. When you try and speak to them about their (and I use this word loosely) driving, they go mental and either call their mates over to try and intimidate you (bearing in mind I'm 6ft 4 and 18 stone it takes more than a few blokes in pink shirts and chequered shorts to do that) or blow their top shouting 'us cabbies are your ears and eyes on the street). In 16 years in this job NOT ONE has ever been a help in anything. If anything they've hindered me!

'Hardest job in the world, 30 years man and boy' etc etc. RAM IT!!!

Rant over

You want minicab suh?

http://youtu.be/wV9HP5J4g4Y