stephens_xpack Posted September 3, 2016 Report Posted September 3, 2016 This is on my Capri, 1978. It has 3 bushes along the main stretch at the front and they need replacing. Are new bushes split so you can get them on without completely removing the bar or do I have to remove the bar completely and push the bar through the new bushes? Hope that makes sense. And does anyone know the exact size of new ones to buy as they seem to come in 20mm, 22mm and 24mm sizes? Car is a 3.0, 1978. Any help much appreciated. Thanks.
colr6 Posted September 3, 2016 Report Posted September 3, 2016 I've had two sets of aftermarket bushes, 1 set came whole and the other set came split. You could always split them yourself if you wanted to. You will have to measure your anti- roll bar diameter to find out which bushes you require.
stephens_xpack Posted September 3, 2016 Author Report Posted September 3, 2016 I never think of the simple things, measure the roll bar - that is a good idea - Thanks. If I do remove the roll bar completely, is there a knack or method to getting the ends back in place? The end bushes look shot, so while I am there I may as well replace those also, but I have been told the roll bar once removed is tough to bend/manoeuvre back into place? Thanks.
colr6 Posted September 3, 2016 Report Posted September 3, 2016 Put in the tcas first, quite easy to get back in.
colr6 Posted September 3, 2016 Report Posted September 3, 2016 Track control arms, the lower suspension arm to strut.
stephens_xpack Posted September 3, 2016 Author Report Posted September 3, 2016 Understood, help very much appreciated, cheers.
meXEco Posted September 3, 2016 Report Posted September 3, 2016 And/or use ratchet straps to pull the ends in.
colr6 Posted September 3, 2016 Report Posted September 3, 2016 And/or use ratchet straps to pull the ends in. Three weetabix in the morning normally does it ....lol 1
khanlad Posted September 3, 2016 Report Posted September 3, 2016 It's shredded wheat not weetabix ! There's no hope!
colr6 Posted September 3, 2016 Report Posted September 3, 2016 It's shredded wheat not weetabix ! There's no hope! Everyone to their own
RWL81P Posted September 3, 2016 Report Posted September 3, 2016 Everyone to their own its weetabix in yorkshire! 1
khanlad Posted September 3, 2016 Report Posted September 3, 2016 its weetabix in yorkshire! Don't agree with him, he's bad enough already!
stephens_xpack Posted September 3, 2016 Author Report Posted September 3, 2016 Thought you Northerners ate nails for brekkie?
colr6 Posted September 3, 2016 Report Posted September 3, 2016 Thought you Northerners ate nails for brekkie?We do but thought we would have some diplomacy and not make you southern lot not feel to inferior...lolShreddies up here are underpants, so if want to eat them for brekkie then go ahead. I'll stick with the nails thankyou.
khanlad Posted September 3, 2016 Report Posted September 3, 2016 See! Now cols trying to be diplomatic!
Admin Vista Posted September 3, 2016 Admin Report Posted September 3, 2016 Thought you Northerners ate nails for brekkie? Only when they think we're watching, it's normally fat free yoghurt or gluten free bread, all washed down with a nice cup of Horlicks. #BigGirlsBlouses
HotRodMatt Posted September 4, 2016 Report Posted September 4, 2016 If the bushes are one piece use some washing up liquid as a lubricant to ease them on then hose it off. 1
RWL81P Posted September 4, 2016 Report Posted September 4, 2016 we eat nails and drink tea from jam jars! and that aint rhymin slang for you southerners. 1
crapichris Posted September 17, 2016 Report Posted September 17, 2016 Think there are 3 diameter sized roll bars for the capri's, so measure up first. The ones I fitted were Deflex polybushes which were split. Are Deflex still going? Been on for some years with no degradation.
stephens_xpack Posted September 18, 2016 Author Report Posted September 18, 2016 I think Superflex are pretty good these days and seem to do the 19mm which is the ARB size that I have. At the front the 3 bushes and roll bar are attached to an rectangular type box, not sure what that is or if that is the norm? But Superflex pretty much cover every bush the car has I think, so I shall order the lot from them. Cheers people, the advice very helpful and much needed.
meXEco Posted September 18, 2016 Report Posted September 18, 2016 Not sure about capris but its normally 2 bushes on the rollbar so you may have an anti dive kit fitted? 1
HotRodMatt Posted September 18, 2016 Report Posted September 18, 2016 Not sure about capris but its normally 2 bushes on the rollbar so you may have an anti dive kit fitted?Sounds like it could well be, given the rectangular box they are on.
stephens_xpack Posted September 18, 2016 Author Report Posted September 18, 2016 I will take a photo of said box once all off. Looking forward to getting every bush changed, no doubt an arse of a job but well worth it. And it's not like I really get my hands dirty wearing the gay latex gloves, but they feel so smooth........
Moderator Rally Pack 2000 Posted September 18, 2016 Moderator Report Posted September 18, 2016 We do but thought we would have some diplomacy and not make you southern lot not feel to inferior...lol Shreddies up here are underpants, so if want to eat them for brekkie then go ahead. I'll stick with the nails thankyou. Your tougher than us real Southerners then, my mum always told me not to bite my nails!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now