Adrian fu#$@ng flux

My story starts with getting my insurance with Adrian flux, paid my money and no paper work or sent via email, after three or four phone calls asking for the paperwork and agreed value form it eventuly turns up,

Fill out my agreed value form send off the payment and photos, only to get a letter telling me that the value i asked for was too high and the value thay have agreed was the same as the predicted maket value which was well under my value of my car,

Now they have told me i need to get an independent valuation.

Is this normal ?

Just to ad my car has never been welded and has a very high spec,

QUESTION

What sort of value would you guys put on my cortina

2.1 WPE pinto

5 speed type 9,

Adju

post-16221-0-79680400-1488398321_thumb.jpgpost-16221-0-81281900-1488398602_thumb.jpg

I am a member of a kit car club and we have a service to members that provides a valuation for insurance purposes.

If your a member of a Ford owners club you may be able to get the same sort of members benefit

By the way that is an absolutely stunning car

It is normal for some independent insurers to require an independent valuation, especially if there is disagreement between Owner and insurer as to what the value should be. If you are still within your cooling period you could cancel and try another insurer.

I was with Lancaster last year and they were good. But since getting the Cortina on the road I've moved to Haggerty and they've been excellent - no quibbling on the agreed value and they didn't get worked up about modifications.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems, if you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to look into this for you.

Kind Regards

Dan

Thanks for trying but no help at all, just got a email saying i need to get an independent valuation report,

Thats going to cost me £150 and there is no guarantee you lot are going to except that.

Wish i did not bother with Adrian flux !!!!!.

To say i an not happy is an understatment.

If you think about it you should be able to value your car at whatever you think its worth. The insurer then has the job of offsetting the cost of the premium against your valuation. Its a case of the tail wagging the dog if you ask me.

Use another company and stick to your valuation, if the car is worth x amount to you then thats how much you want the total loss part of the insurance to be based-on. Its simple really. 

I remember back in the day Rachael Welch allegedly had her legs insured for a million pounds, was they worth that? doesnt really matter does it. That what she valued them at and thats what the policy was based-on.

If you think about it you should be able to value your car at whatever you think its worth. The insurer then has the job of offsetting the cost of the premium against your valuation. Its a case of the tail wagging the dog if you ask me.

Use another company and stick to your valuation, if the car is worth x amount to you then thats how much you want the total loss part of the insurance to be based-on. Its simple really. 

I remember back in the day Rachael Welch allegedly had her legs insured for a million pounds, was they worth that? doesnt really matter does it. That what she valued them at and thats what the policy was based-on.

here here! chuffing good point that. now wheres my pitch fork and flaming torch?

• Like 1

Lots of companies require an independent valuation

Let's be honest some of us think our cars are worth a lot more than they actually are.[/quote

I totaly understant that, but i was allways under the understanding that god forbid anything should happen to my car the insurance would pay out enough money to replace it like for like,

I have challanged them to find another cortina that has never been welded in the same condition and spec as mine is for the value they have set on it,

Lots of companies require an independent valuation

Let's be honest some of us think our cars are worth a lot more than they actually are.

I totaly understant that, but i was allways under the understanding that god forbid anything should happen to my car the insurance would pay out enough money to replace it like for like,

I have challanged them to find another cortina that has never been welded in the same condition and spec as mine is for the value they have set on it,

This is what the independent valuation is for

Then if the worse does happen you will get 100% of your money back.

We have all had agreed valuations on our cars but thankfully we haven't had the misfortune of finding out if the insurance company will pay out or not in the event of a claim.

Photos are one thing,

But an independent logged valuation would stand up in court

• Like 1

• 1 month later...