Admin Vista Posted April 22, 2017 Admin Report Posted April 22, 2017 OK, yes no answers only for this and if you get the answer to both questions you get a free Old Skool Logo sticker posted out to you. First part of the question is what is special about this particular nondescript looking mk2 Capri? And the second part is who was its famous Owner at the time?
Admin Vista Posted April 22, 2017 Author Admin Report Posted April 22, 2017 No and No. Good guess though.
OSF Contributor Mexican Gerbil Posted April 22, 2017 OSF Contributor Report Posted April 22, 2017 JPS Jackie Stewart
Moderator Rally Pack 2000 Posted April 22, 2017 Moderator Report Posted April 22, 2017 Angela Rippon's, famous for being the First ever car to be featured on Top Gear 40 years ago.
OSF Contributor Mexican Gerbil Posted April 22, 2017 OSF Contributor Report Posted April 22, 2017 Capri Ghia Del boy
Admin Vista Posted April 22, 2017 Author Admin Report Posted April 22, 2017 Angela Rippon's, famous for being the First ever car to be featured on Top Gear 40 years ago. Winner winner chicken dinner. Bugger, postage of that sticker to Australia wasn't on the radar
Moderator Rally Pack 2000 Posted April 22, 2017 Moderator Report Posted April 22, 2017 LOL I was news surfing the British Press and always click on anything with a Top Gear link and recognised the photo from the Telegraph. Sorry. I didnt even know who Angela Rippon even was I had to look it up. LOL Personally I think its crazy to loan your car to a Motoring Program. It would get thrashed. 1
YellowTaxi Posted April 23, 2017 Report Posted April 23, 2017 Talking of Minder. His Capri is currently for sale along with Arthur's Jag. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Minder-Collection-Arthurs-Jag-Trilby-Two-coats-Terrys-Capri-and-more-/112355792887?hash=item1a28ed57f7:g:npgAAOSwCU1Y4Chs
Admin Vista Posted April 23, 2017 Author Admin Report Posted April 23, 2017 Personally I think its crazy to loan your car to a Motoring Program. It would get thrashed. it was her car and she was a presenter of the program so not quite the same as lending it to the show. I did get a request a few years ago from someone making a DVD about the Ford scene, he wanted to use my car to get some shots on track. But get this, I wasn't going to be allowed to drive it, I had to hand it over to a racing driver he'd hired, they wouldn't cover insurance for it on the track and nor would they pay for it if said driver thrashed its guts out and blew it up. I thought about it for about a nano second and replied "Gee thanks, what a kind offer.........but I think I'll pass."
Moderator Rally Pack 2000 Posted April 24, 2017 Moderator Report Posted April 24, 2017 it was her car and she was a presenter of the program so not quite the same as lending it to the show. I did get a request a few years ago from someone making a DVD about the Ford scene, he wanted to use my car to get some shots on track. But get this, I wasn't going to be allowed to drive it, I had to hand it over to a racing driver he'd hired, they wouldn't cover insurance for it on the track and nor would they pay for it if said driver thrashed its guts out and blew it up. I thought about it for about a nano second and replied "Gee thanks, what a kind offer.........but I think I'll pass." I dont blame you. They think people will give them everything just to get their car on the telly. No thankyou. I would rather have the real thing than a video memory.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now