New to the UK

whooliganUK

Hi all.

I have just moved back to the UK after 39 years in Australia....Strange you might think but it is mainly for my brother's health who has been struggling with the Aussie heat over the last few years.

Anyway, long story short I'm hoping to set up a company to help source parts for Australians here in the UK and source cars from Australia for UK buyers.

I'm also bringing my cars out from Australia one at a time to probably on sell here.

Here's my Mk 1 van.42af79e9eb885e35beaf56aed9cb8f8d.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sounds like a plan, good luck! You could also sell sun tan lotion and after sun that you might have. ........you may have forgotten what the weather is like here. Enjoy the forum as there are a great bunch on here, well when I say great I mean some are really great and some are from Hull and have anglias, still you can't' have everything. Enjoy.

Sounds like a plan, good luck! You could also sell sun tan lotion and after sun that you might have. ........you may have forgotten what the weather is like here. Enjoy the forum as there are a great bunch on here, well when I say great I mean some are really great and some are from Hull and have anglias, still you can't' have everything. Enjoy.
To be honest, the weather has never bothered me in all the times I have visited (both summer and winter).
An Aussie summer is horrendous. You can't do anything because it's either frying you to a crisp or pissing down.....it ain't like neighbours or home and away in Melbourne where I am from.

2 hours ago, colr6 said:

Agree with Pete, even though he does a bad job of slagging me off ! If you bring a little of the helpfulness of the aussies I dealt with for parts with you, you should do well and good luck with your venture.

shouldn't you have phrased that as "he does a Hull of a bad job" Colin

• Haha 1

Welcome to the forum, that van ready for a good makeover, looks solid, as the guys say plenty of banter and ribbing usually aimed at Col ?
Helpful friendly forum ,
Cheers dave
WIN_20170417_15_25_05_Pro.thumb.jpg.d9904e129f23f7fdd1f042c7a988c672.jpg
Yes the van is pretty solid but the make-over will have to wait for a while. I have a house to renovate before that (which will be my main form of income)

I have another van (mk2) which is even better in Australia...I am partial to them....with the works 2lt, 5spd, LSD, Etc

Projects are not something I am short of. I have 3 Capris back in Oz as well as a 4dr RS2000. I'm renting a factory with a mate and his collection of Capris is even better....Some of which will be for sale next year.

so you made it back Whooligan. Been a big plan watching on classic-ford
Welcome and good luck.

JP
Hi Justin. The plan has been in the pipeline for a few years now and I have established a few contacts already.
A whole bunch of us are catching up at Goodwood for a bit of a get together so exciting times ahead.

Welcome along, perhaps you could import me a nice holden vxr type thing?
I have a mate with a couple of the last V8 Holdens produced but there is a bit of a queue forming to buy those when the price is right.
Now that the automotive industry is pretty much over in Oz the barns are starting to fill up with all sorts of Aussie legends of the future.

1 hour ago, whooliganUK said:

I have a mate with a couple of the last V8 Holdens produced but there is a bit of a queue forming to buy those when the price is right.
Now that the automotive industry is pretty much over in Oz the barns are starting to fill up with all sorts of Aussie legends of the future.

Aussie legends !!!!!!! ...... you just had to bring that up ... bloody cricket !!!!! Lol?

welcome back, nothing changes . Lol?????

14 hours ago, whooliganUK said:

I was thinking more of the monaro with ls1 in.

I was thinking more of the monaro with ls1 in.
I see on local eBay you can pick them up for about £10k.....Seriously, that's cheap.
V8 Holdens are highly collectable in Australia. There is no way you would get one for that in Australia and then be able to import it for less....Maybe a high mileage 6 cylinder but they are rare.