Jump to content

James HPE Motorsport

Members
  • Posts

    1,398
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by James HPE Motorsport

  1. I am currently in the process of making a complete custom loom for my escort, and to be honest it is not that difficult, just very time consuming! I am running most of the lights, fans and pumps etc off of relays so that I have a central fuse box mounted under the dash, and then pretty much everything comes from that! This way you can do 75% of the work at the dining table in the comfort of your own home! I got most of my supplies from here http://www.autosparks.co.uk/ and here http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/ Get stuck in I say!!! At least you can say that you have done it and you can route the wires exactly the way you want
  2. Some fooking good memories there Sam!!!
  3. That front wheel looks like a smaller version of a lambourghini wheel with all that snow in it looks so cool in the snow!! Good effort
  4. Sounds like their loss mate!!! Good on you
  5. Done! Motor looks nice
  6. Was meant to go find a sledge and use it but ended up spending the whole day looking for weely boots
  7. part exchange? Cant mate, they stopped doing the scrappage scheme ages ago!!!
  8. I would love to, its convincing the Mrs, thats the hard bit!!!
  9. -13 I think you win!!! I thought that we had is bad at -5!!! Wore my thermal socks and hiking boots to work today and my feet are still like bloody ice blocks!!! As for going to work on the scooter this morning..... The word MISTAKE comes to mind!!!
  10. don't bother mate, just let them to it. I'm sure he thinks that is permanant, I'm sure he thinks that those inner wheel tubs are staying, I bet he even thinks there is going to be a gert big hole between the seats and the fire wall, just let him think that, I no longer give a shit what narrow minded people think on this site.....makes good reading though. you obviously do care what "narrow minded people think on this site" or you wouldn't keep replying!!! The chassis is probably twisted now after cutting off the roof without bracing the chassis first! But judging by the photos, you obviously know what you are doing!!!
  11. Sounds like just another day at work for me !! Im not looking forward to traveling to my freezing cold workshop on my scooter in the morning either!!!
  12. Glad to see peeps are still motivated to get on with their cars!!! Its amazing how much you warm up when you are concentrating and focused on what you are doing!!!
  13. You convince yourself to do some work on your pride and joy on a Sunday and you get to your workshop and it's bloody colder inside then it is outside!!! or maybe it's just me
  14. Took my dad to see this live once!!! It was really good but really fooking cold!!!!!
  15. lol DITTO!!!
  16. thats how mines done and mine only mines rivited round arch and mine
  17. Madify- Did you sign up to this forum just to defend your project??? 13 posts and all on this thread! If you are happy to drive the car you are cut and shutting then why are you worried about what some other people on some other forum think of it? If you have to justify to other people that what you are doing is safe then I think you need to have a re-think!!!
  18. Stainless fasteners don't belong on cars - not strong enough to replace even 8.8 high tensile and most load bearing ones will be 10.9 - I replaced with BZP 12.9 grade I didnt say I had replaced every bolt on my car with stainless, I was just using it as an example as to the extent of what my insurance company know about my car! Im not sure I agree with your statement of "Stainless bolts don't belong on cars" as the is nothing load bearing about holding a rocker cover on or bolting your coil to the inner wing!!! Dont worry, I have ARP bolts holding my conrods together
  19. I love the way he said, couldn't afford it back in the day but could now!!! YEA RIGHT! Lol Good Vid though
  20. My insurance company know what engine is in my car down to whether I replaced a standard bolt for a stainless one! Not even the trained eye would notice that I have modified my tunnel so I figured I wouldnt bother with a BIVA!!!! I love the way you compare a small modification like changing the trasmission tunnel to taking a shell and putting it onto a completely different chassis! Do you have to apply for a BIVA when you change a rotten floor pan?
  21. All I can say is No Comment I think I will stick with my modified transmission tunnel
  22. It also depends on what spec you will run up the pod, i.e slicks or road tyres! the less grip you have the less likely you are to break a shaft etc! Alrite Toby, hows things?? When I first started going pod with my pushrod engine I had the uprated standard spline quaife shafts without a problem!!! Thats not to say that after continuous use that i wouldnt have suffered any failures!!! And my car was fookin light lol
  23. It depends what you are going to use it for but on the road, standard components will be absolutely fine!
  24. Just for the record, if I was stinking rich, I wouldnt think twice about spending my money on whatever I wanted! There will always be people less fortunate but also money isn't anything!!!
  25. I don't see the problem with a welded diff but it depends on what your plans are with the car! If you have any plans of taking it round a track I wouldn't bother welding it but if you have plans of a few run what you brung's or just some sideways fun on the road then go for it if you can't afford an LSD! Half the LSD's out there may aswell be a welded diffs anyways which have been set-up for circuit use or rallying with as much as 90lbs of preload! Don't bother with an ATB in my opinion!
×
×
  • Create New...