Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

...just a couple of miles for me. It came with the gearbox and ECU. So last Saturday morning I ring him up to arrange collection. The engine is at the back of his garage so he said I couldn't collect that day. I said name your day, so he said wednesday. Then he asked what I was coming in, because the engine was heavy. I said if you like, take the gearbox off because I don't need it. He then started ranting on about how I'd better not mess him around. I said no I wouldn't.

 

So today, I go to the bank, and the f**king halifax has taken my mortgage payment out two days early (for some strange reason), leaving me with no money. So I ring the guy up to explain what has happened. Talk about lighting the blue touch paper.

 

I said I can either come over now, and give him a deposit and I'll come back with the remainder on Friday when I get paid. Or I can send him the money via paypal straight away. He started shouting down the phone 'you buy something from me and now you're telling me you can't pay. I knew you'd mess me around'... 'Listen to me. I'm not saying that' I shout back. 'I'm not messing you around, the halifax..' I explained again. He was shouting 'I'm going to give you negative feedback and report you to ebay'...

 

The guy was a total cock, going off on one and not listening to what I wasy saying. Anyway, he calmed down and I'm collecting on Friday.

 

I'm probably more angry than he was, with the halifax...

Posted

If I was selling an engine, and someone rings up saying I'm really sorry, I can't pay you today or collect today, but can on friday, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest unless I'd travelled any sort of distance to meet up (like 240 miles to collect a corsair). It has happened to me where someone had to re-arrange collection. Why do people make a big issue about it? 'Yeah no probs, see you friday'.

 

I told him to look at my feedback. 537 feedback. 100% positive. Is that the profile of someone who messes you around? No! But he said that means nothing. Cock...

 

 

(still angry)

Posted
gonna be a bit awkward then when you meet him lol

 

why you need another engine anyway mate?

 

I'm just gonna load the engine up, give him the exact money, in 10p pieces and f**k off.

 

The engine is for my project. As it's to be used every day I want an 1800 and all the injectors and ecu etc. Might be a bit more economical than a two litre with TBs

Posted

what a nob, but if its a good price bare with it until the engines home, you can say what you want then

Posted
what a nob, but if its a good price bare with it until the engines home, you can say what you want then

 

Pratt,

 

he´s probably just peesed off that you got it cheap....

 

...you did get it cheap i hope?

Guest cortinamad-gonetoo
Posted

the halifax are mupets thats who i bank with :x

 

fook paying him in 10ps use 1ps the whole lot :ykt:

Posted
gonna be a bit awkward then when you meet him lol

 

why you need another engine anyway mate?

 

I'm just gonna load the engine up, give him the exact money, in 10p pieces and f**k off.

 

The engine is for my project. As it's to be used every day I want an 1800 and all the injectors and ecu etc. Might be a bit more economical than a two litre with TBs

 

if you want some funds im sure i could find a good home for the TB's and management 8)

Posted

on a more serious note, have you considered reporting the halifax to the financial ombudsmen service?

 

taking that money two days early could really fook your life up ya know, fortunatly it didn't! they can charge you for going 1p over your overdraft, i think you should expect some compensation from them!

Posted
on a more serious note, have you considered reporting the halifax to the financial ombudsmen service?

 

taking that money two days early could really fook your life up ya know, fortunatly it didn't! they can charge you for going 1p over your overdraft, i think you should expect some compensation from them!

 

The halifax go in for the mortgage on a particular date, and if there's not enough funds, they go in again for five days until they get it, or it fails. I asked them to move the collection to the end of the month, when I now get paid. They must have only moved it to the 28th. I'm leaving them anyway, they're shit.

 

Vibrating Cake - I'll still need the TBs for the van...

 

Oldbus - It was about an average price for a Zetec. He's just one of these dicks who doesn't have any tolerance for anything. Probably knocks his girlfriend about because she bought the wrong lager from Netto. Where he lives is a very rough area.

Posted

Picked the Zetec up today. The guy apologised for his reaction on the phone saying if I'd run him earlier, he would have stopped at work for longer. He was in his mid 20s and he took a lot of interest in the van and the Zetec conversion. Very impressed with it.

 

All in all, it turned out alright!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...