flyingbanana Posted September 19, 2006 Report Posted September 19, 2006 2 weeks ago this monday my 1969 morris minor saloon was stolen from my driveway while i was at work. I could not belive it would happen to me and i am absolutly gutted as i have owned the car for nearly 20 years and spent 15 of that restoring her. I contacted the police straight away as you would and spent the weekends driving round to se i i could find it but to no avail. Anyway have got home from work tonight to find no more than a metre square block of crushed steel with my numberplates attached left on my front garden. there was a note left that read "PERHAPS THIS WILL GET THROUGH TO THE MMOC" i am in a situation that i am very angry and upset but a bit mistified about this message i am unsure if to contact the police again as whoever done this means business. i have knocked at the other doors in my road but all one person saw was a lorry about 3pm today but did not take alot of notice. the person who was behind this must of has some kind of use of a car crusher. I thought i would just warn everybody to keep on gaurd as obviously someone has got upset over something. what ever next
Posse Posted September 19, 2006 Report Posted September 19, 2006 obviously some one has got the hump with the MMOC morris minor owners club m8
flyingbanana Posted September 19, 2006 Author Report Posted September 19, 2006 no pics there m8....would love to see my self
atomic punk Posted September 19, 2006 Report Posted September 19, 2006 That is fooking harsh gutted for you..... Are you a part of the MMOC?
Dom Posted September 19, 2006 Report Posted September 19, 2006 Find out who did it and cut their head off. Then leave his body sitting in a chair with his head in his lap and a note nailed to it reading 'PERHAPS THIS WILL GET THROUGH TO YOU'. That's what I would do, and sometimes, I wish I was joking
flyingbanana Posted September 19, 2006 Author Report Posted September 19, 2006 That is fooking harsh gutted for you..... Are you a part of the MMOC? no m8....i use the forum has im restoring a moggy atm and i cam across it and thought...'how very strange' but some one did responed and say Hi, Firstly, I just wanted to say that I'm sickened and appalled by this. I just don't get it. Why the grudge? What's wrong with people? On a different note, I work in insurance and from experience it could well be possible that your car is still driving around as another person has stated previously. I do see a lot of this type of thing, where vehicles are stolen to order and a week later a burned out vehicle will be found of the same make and model with the registration plates left near the mess to lead the police to believe that this is what is left of the stolen car. Often we find the original car still driving about on false plates. The burned out car has been bought as a non running rust bucket or an accident damaged insurance claim and set alight in a field somewhere after the true plates have been removed with your plates left conveniently nearby fir ID purposes. If anyone has bought a car that fits this description of the stolen one recently, please take a really good look at the VIN plate. There are also ways of spotting a fake vehicle registration document (wont put them here for obvious reasons but if you feel you may have bought a stolen vehicle I may be able to help) Lets hope you get some good news. Regards
ZetecVan 2.0 Posted September 19, 2006 Report Posted September 19, 2006 That's a very old story. It was on 105speed.com many months ago. I've no idea if it's true or not, but no one has ever seen any pictures.
Admin Vista Posted September 19, 2006 Admin Report Posted September 19, 2006 If it's been sat on your drive for 20 years while you work on it, are any of your neighbours malicious enough to have pulled or organised such a stunt? It could be one of them is pissed at being disturbed. What ever the motives it must be sickening and unhelpful as it is you have my sympathy mate I'd be beside myself with rage if that happened to me. Dare I ask was it insured?
MightySprocket Posted September 19, 2006 Report Posted September 19, 2006 me thinks this is an urban myth! a bit like the kentucky fried mouse or the IRA/Terror bomber story @ christmas, i've heard the story before
negri Posted September 19, 2006 Report Posted September 19, 2006 me thinks this is an urban myth! a bit like the kentucky fried mouse or the IRA/Terror bomber story @ christmas, i've heard the story before what are you trying to say they never happened
Gareth Posted September 20, 2006 Report Posted September 20, 2006 True or not, it's still wrong. I think it'd take a sick mind to fabricate a story like than
Mk 1 Mark Posted September 20, 2006 Report Posted September 20, 2006 mmoc? Morris Minor Owners Club maybe
Martin B Posted September 20, 2006 Report Posted September 20, 2006 I hate to say this but after spending 15 years restoring his car, with all the parts in the kitchen/bedroom/garden etc! HAS HE ASKED HIS WIFE!!!!!! Martin
morcheen Posted September 20, 2006 Report Posted September 20, 2006 or could it have been those bodgers at plop my ride? it would have been one of the best they have done
flyingbanana Posted September 20, 2006 Author Report Posted September 20, 2006 mmoc? Morris Minor Owners Club maybe yep thats what it stands for
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now