Moderator Rally Pack 2000 Posted January 14, 2021 Moderator Report Posted January 14, 2021 Some modified Fords were quite liked on the distasteful thread so here is its good twin for Modified Old Skool Fords that you may like. If you think it belongs in the distasteful thread though tell us what you think? I'll kick off with something for @HotRodMatt
HotRodMatt Posted January 14, 2021 Report Posted January 14, 2021 Some modified Fords were quite liked on the distasteful thread so here is its good twin for Modified Old Skool Fords that you may like. If you think it belongs in the distasteful thread though tell us what you think? I'll kick off with something for @HotRodMatt Looks good to me RP! I'll post this RS9000, got to be my favourite Escort. 1
HotRodMatt Posted January 14, 2021 Report Posted January 14, 2021 The lines of the Consul Capri really suit the kustom treatment. 2
katana Posted January 14, 2021 Report Posted January 14, 2021 Hmmm! 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - for ^^^ - not i'm afraid LOL!
Admin Vista Posted January 14, 2021 Admin Report Posted January 14, 2021 3 hours ago, katana said: Hmmm! 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' - for ^^^ - not i'm afraid LOL! Yup, same for me.....all off to the distastefully modified naughty step 😉.
Moderator Rally Pack 2000 Posted January 14, 2021 Author Moderator Report Posted January 14, 2021 16 minutes ago, Vista said: Yup, same for me.....all off to the distastefully modified naughty step 😉. You don't like the red Mk1 Escort I posted? (bait)
Moderator Rally Pack 2000 Posted January 14, 2021 Author Moderator Report Posted January 14, 2021 The interior however im not so sure about?
HotRodMatt Posted January 15, 2021 Report Posted January 15, 2021 Another Aussie Donk James?[emoji23]I have a feeling there won't be many Australian built cars in this thread... 2
meXEco Posted January 15, 2021 Report Posted January 15, 2021 59 minutes ago, HotRodMatt said: 2 hours ago, accord83 said: Another Aussie Donk James? I have a feeling there won't be many Australian built cars in this thread... Looooooooool!!!
Admin Vista Posted January 15, 2021 Admin Report Posted January 15, 2021 On 14/01/2021 at 16:38, Rally Pack 2000 said: The interior however im not so sure about? Wheels like that and it's the interior you single out? 1
Moderator Rally Pack 2000 Posted January 16, 2021 Author Moderator Report Posted January 16, 2021 13 hours ago, accord83 said: Another Aussie Donk James?😂 The wheels are big yes but don't really qualify as full donk I dont think. Its no bigger than Ive seen on many UK street machines and alot smaller than US ones 12 hours ago, HotRodMatt said: 13 hours ago, accord83 said: Another Aussie Donk James? I have a feeling there won't be many Australian built cars in this thread... Given that most in the distasteful thread are UK cars we probably shouldn't point the finger should we?! LOL But this Cortina is not over the top compared to some Aussie donks with huge blowers out of the bonnet and rubber bands for tyres. How many straight six Cortinas would you see modified in the UK? (Original Ford Straight 6's that is) I thought you would kinda like it actually? Its a bit too pink / purple for me personally. Remember Australia's car scene is more American muscle than 4cyl which is considered a toy class. So a turbo straight six qualifies as miniature. 6 hours ago, Vista said: Wheels like that and it's the interior you single out? The wheels arent that bad by street machine standards, no worse than modified UK cars with big engines. I think you may find they come from the UK as we don't make wheels here. So yes the interior just doesn't gel with a Mk3, it needs more of its retro style kept. However if the general consensus is that this one is distasteful then democracy will prevail and it will be moved! 1
Moderator Rally Pack 2000 Posted January 16, 2021 Author Moderator Report Posted January 16, 2021 10 hours ago, Vista said: Wheels like that and it's the interior you single out? Would you prefer them on an Escort?
katana Posted January 16, 2021 Report Posted January 16, 2021 I don't have anything against the Mk3, even the wheels are fine (for a change on a Aus car!) but the interior - NAH! It's very well done but just doesn't jell. And yeah those wheels look ok on the 'scort as well! 1
accord83 Posted January 16, 2021 Report Posted January 16, 2021 I could roll that Escort, it's slightly more subtle than the Cortina, and I do like a Venetian Blind. ( I bet I'd soon grind the back tyres off against the arches though! ) 1
Moderator Rally Pack 2000 Posted January 16, 2021 Author Moderator Report Posted January 16, 2021 4 hours ago, accord83 said: I could roll that Escort, it's slightly more subtle than the Cortina, and I do like a Venetian Blind. ( I bet I'd soon grind the back tyres off against the arches though! ) Terrific eyesight to spot the venetian in the above pic! I think the bonnet scoops and stripes have been removed at some point. It does look better without them in the image above.
accord83 Posted January 16, 2021 Report Posted January 16, 2021 I'd rather have a works front panel and lose the bonnet louvres, or at least colour code them.
Moderator Rally Pack 2000 Posted January 16, 2021 Author Moderator Report Posted January 16, 2021 7 minutes ago, accord83 said: I'd rather have a works front panel and lose the bonnet louvres, or at least colour code them. No one really seems to fit works front aprons here. I dont think many understand the association. Mind you the front apron has already been changed or at least modified for round headlights. 1
Admin Vista Posted January 17, 2021 Admin Report Posted January 17, 2021 On 14/01/2021 at 10:53, HotRodMatt said: Looks good to me RP! I'll post this RS9000, got to be my favourite Escort. That gets a mention in the other thread too. It can be yours for a smidge under £50k if you like it that much? RS9000 for sale
notenoughtime Posted January 17, 2021 Report Posted January 17, 2021 It’s always for sale on eBay by various scammers unfortunately
accord83 Posted January 17, 2021 Report Posted January 17, 2021 It nothing for me, it's about as much use as tits on a bull. If I had shed loads of money for something I only wanted to race in a straight line, yes, fine, but I would prefer a totally stock RS2000. 3
HotRodMatt Posted January 17, 2021 Report Posted January 17, 2021 That gets a mention in the other thread too. It can be yours for a smidge under £50k if you like it that much? RS9000 for sale I do like it, not sure the wife would though!
HotRodMatt Posted January 17, 2021 Report Posted January 17, 2021 It nothing for me, it's about as much use as tits on a bull. If I had shed loads of money for something I only wanted to race in a straight line, yes, fine, but I would prefer a totally stock RS2000.Agreed it's really only for one thing, but I think it's nice to see an Escort that's not built as an RS copy or rally wannabe. 1
RWL81P Posted January 17, 2021 Report Posted January 17, 2021 On 14/01/2021 at 10:53, HotRodMatt said: Looks good to me RP! I'll post this RS9000, got to be my favourite Escort. gotta say i do love pro street cars! i bought some mk2 escort parts from a guy down ashfield a few years back. that escort was in his unit.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now