RS mk2 parts wanted

colr6

Starting to look for some parts for my mk2 sport and need the following if anyone can help

RS instrument cluster, not bothered what coloured needles or an incomplete one would be considered.

glove box in black

dash top in black

centre console or any suggestions of what can be used 

door cards without speaker holes and good

rear bumper

fuel tank inc neck and cap and pipe fitting underneath

good quality 1600 ohv exhaust manifold pref in stainless

might be in the market for some 7" deep dish RS alloys if I can get them under the arches ! Copies fine not paying ronal prices!!

that will do for now, no doubt there will be more once I get started.

cheers Col

Sorry can’t help with those col but you can get the door cards from Aldridge as second hand ones nearly always have speaker holes ,I might be able to help with other items as you progress with it like lights ,indicators some trim etc, there was a nice pair of front fishnets in black at the NEC show for sale 

james

3 hours ago, Xp197777 said:

Sorry can’t help with those col but you can get the door cards from Aldridge as second hand ones nearly always have speaker holes ,I might be able to help with other items as you progress with it like lights ,indicators some trim etc, there was a nice pair of front fishnets in black at the NEC show for sale 

james

I did see those but  unsure on the difference and wasn't going to pay RS price for Capri seats !!

3 hours ago, eeb43 said:

glove box here £20

What's the condition like Mark ? 

1 hour ago, dt36 said:

If I was to lend you my console, do you reckon you could copy/template it? 

I'm taking some fishnet headrests to be stitched on Wednesday and will let you know how they come out. I have a complete second set here. 

Thanks for that if nothing comes up, may take you up on that offer ?

• Like 1

I wouldn't go for RS instruments for a Sport these days. They are really overpriced for what you get and the oil pressure gauge has no real reading or measurement just an orange low pressure zone like a temp gauge has a hot red zone. The original Sport gauges use the same Speedo and Tacho as the RS ones and have a much more usable larger centre gauge, split half temp and half fuel. Much better readout than the tiny RS ones and easier to illuminate. It then uses an oil pressure light system which is just as effective as the small RS gauge if not more so and not have to trouble yourself with the oil piping to the back of the instruments. Sport gauges will be original. more usable and at least half the price for a good set. RS gauges are great in an RS but if you don't need them for originality then the go the Sport gauges (which are readily available from Ghias as well) every time.

• Thanks 1

i have a set of front and rear door cards but the front has speaker holes, think i might have a spare tank but would have to have a look. also i have a center console that was in a 4 speed of mine, obviously wont fit nice if youre going 5 speed. youve got my number gis a shout if theres anything you can use.

6 hours ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

I wouldn't go for RS instruments for a Sport these days. They are really overpriced for what you get and the oil pressure gauge has no real reading or measurement just an orange low pressure zone like a temp gauge has a hot red zone. The original Sport gauges use the same Speedo and Tacho as the RS ones and have a much more usable larger centre gauge, split half temp and half fuel. Much better readout than the tiny RS ones and easier to illuminate. It then uses an oil pressure light system which is just as effective as the small RS gauge if not more so and not have to trouble yourself with the oil piping to the back of the instruments. Sport gauges will be original. more usable and at least half the price for a good set. RS gauges are great in an RS but if you don't need them for originality then the go the Sport gauges (which are readily available from Ghias as well) every time.

Original RS Oil Pressure Gauge in the Dash is pretty pants.  Mine is disconnected and the pipe has been re-directed to a Gauge fitted where the radio used to sit.  Also have a decent volt meter beside it.

20160429_180501~2.jpg

• Thanks 1

Well that's 3 people condemning the RS dash !! Glad you put that pic up dale as its brought another couple of questions. On the glove box is the panel to the left part of the box or a seperate panel? Plus my sport vynal dash panel has a small corner missing so may replace with the custom clock holder?

37 minutes ago, colr6 said:

Well that's 3 people condemning the RS dash !! Glad you put that pic up dale as its brought another couple of questions. On the glove box is the panel to the left part of the box or a seperate panel? Plus my sport vynal dash panel has a small corner missing so may replace with the custom clock holder?

I'll check tonight, but I'm thinking it's all one. I'll open it and get some pics. 

46 minutes ago, dt36 said:

Original RS Oil Pressure Gauge in the Dash is pretty pants.  Mine is disconnected and the pipe has been re-directed to a Gauge fitted where the radio used to sit.  Also have a decent volt meter beside it.

20160429_180501~2.jpg

They do look pretty good there is no denying that, although sport ones aren't that much different give the two main gauges are identical and interchangeable with RS ones. I even have a set myself but bought them before the prices went crazy. If you dont have an RS now though Sport / Ghia instruments are the way to go.

26 minutes ago, colr6 said:

The panel on the left its an integral part of the glove-box.

The centre console for a sport differs from the RS one as its gearstick hole is in the regular location compared to European RS models. (In ours the RS and all other cars share the same console). So decide what console you want to use before deciding on going with the RS dash clock as the regular non RS consoles often have as clock in them already. Two clocks would look a bit silly.

You can also just get the basic non vinyl plastic heater surround and leave the dash plain metal. There may be some factory holes behind your vinyl one though that you may have to fill in though. So there are three dash face options to choose from.

• Thanks 1

When the sun comes up I will take some photos of the different dash options for you. I even have a European RS dash clock like dt36 in storage even though our cars never had it. I experimented converting the clock to LED illumination. Seem to work better than the single bulb original light.

5 minutes ago, Vista said:

Well I am going to buck the trend and say I like the RS dash over the sport. An oil light doesn't cut it for me, I want to see the needle if it's low not just get a light when it's so low it's a risk.

Certainly agree on the gauge front, usually by the time the light comes on the damage is already done! But if they're inaccurate as suggested, no point. Go for normal extra oil gauge of better quality. Just like the look of the RS cluster.