Happy New Year to All

Rally Pack 2000

Wishing you all a happy new year.

Looks like we are going to be starting the year off in the hot seat here.

Thermometer.jpg.77b1aaf572249bcc736d00a8591c9f4b.jpg

Once it cooled enough to venture outside, our favourite dog walking spot was on fire. Seems even a reasonable urban barrier doesn't make you immune to the firestorms.

Fire2.thumb.jpg.50fe79c11e1d1864ac81f32186289008.jpg

If you want to send some of that snow and water our way it would be very much appreciated. Best wishes to all on the forum!

17 minutes ago, luckyjim said:

i hope 2020 sees my car go a full show season without gobbing all its oil out the sump gasket! 

Oh you should never say that out loud or you will bring down the witches curse down on yourself. Its like on Grand Designs whenever they say they hope they will move in by Christmas!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

Oh you should never say that out loud or you will bring down the witches curse down on yourself. Its like on Grand Designs whenever they say they hope they will move in by Christmas!

And they always end up pregnant, now you wouldn’t want that now would you 🤭🤭

• Haha 2

Apparently home was the hottest place recorded on Earth today worse than New Years eve.

Thermometer1.jpg.540f6e87bde6a125704e99e40ecb0740.jpg

The entire garden and lawn was wiped out in just 10 hours.  I tried watering with buckets before the sun came up in preparation (Your not allowed to use a hose) to try help the plants last the day but they didn't. It was just a bit too much for a bit too long. Billions of animals have been wiped out and some species are believed to have become extinct. Yet we have Climate Change denier as a Prime Minister not even prepared to acknowledge anything other than this it just part of the annual fire season. The bizarre thing is that we are funding our own destruction. The three big polluters, China, India and the USA, as long as we keep buying their crap and shipping manufacturing overseas because they can do it on the cheap by polluting without restriction then everyone else trying to pull things back are all wasted efforts and we will continue to burn. Much of my research collection died with the rest of the garden so Im just a bit touchy today so forgive the rant!

• Sad 2

Whoa! That's crap James, so sad about the plants. It's difficult to comprehend actually what you guys are going through. Whilst we, apparently, had the hottest and wettest summer last year, but there is no comparison to your situation.

On the plus side, my New Year gets better, I became a grand dad at 6.45am yesterday, but bugger me, it makes me feel old!😂

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, accord83 said:

Whoa! That's crap James, so sad about the plants. It's difficult to comprehend actually what you guys are going through. Whilst we, apparently, had the hottest and wettest summer last year, but there is no comparison to your situation.

On the plus side, my New Year gets better, I became a grand dad at 6.45am yesterday, but bugger me, it makes me feel old!😂

Congratulations! Nice to hear some pleasant news. I was an uncle at ten years of age so just tell everyone todays kids just start earlier LOL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

Congratulations! Nice to hear some pleasant news. I was an uncle at ten years of age so just tell everyone todays kids just start earlier LOL

Being a bonus baby, as in "Bloody hell! Where did he come from? That's a bonus" I was an uncle at 13, my sister is 9 years old than me.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vista said:

Sorry to read that James.

How close are the fires to you? Have you moved your cars somewhere safe?

My house is shielded from the fires being in a more urban neighbourhood so while I have a reserve behind my house its not large enough for it to be caught in any of the fire movement (Yet fingers crossed). The place where I walk the the dog that I pictured above as its a bit of an oasis bushland that was just a sizable bit of bush that made you feel you weren't buried in concrete was wiped out since that photo was taken. They didn't even fight it they simply let it burn as everyone was elsewhere.

So the cars are here, covered up with ash all over the covers.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

My house is shielded from the fires being in a more urban neighbourhood so while I have a reserve behind my house its not large enough for it to be caught in any of the fire movement (Yet fingers crossed). The place where I walk the the dog that I pictured above as its a bit of an oasis bushland that was just a sizable bit of bush that made you feel you weren't buried in concrete was wiped out since that photo was taken. They didn't even fight it they simply let it burn as everyone was elsewhere.

So the cars are here, covered up with ash all over the covers.

Good to hear you have a little distance from it.