Car Ramps! - Love - Hate or Need em?

Huge

2 hours ago, katana said:

What is the timber and the shovel for? and how are they supposed to be helping?

Probably going to do a John Cleese take off where he beat the car with a branch, he’s going to beat it with the wood and then the shovel for not going up the ramps ....lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, colr6 said:

Probably going to do a John Cleese take off where he beat the car with a branch, he’s going to beat it with the wood and then the shovel for not going up the ramps ....lol

Brilliant scene only bettered by Basil reaching around the wall to turn on the light switch only to fiddle with Polly’s nipple! 😂

2 hours ago, Huge said:

They do nothing w/out a willing volunteer to stand in front of the car whilst I rev it & drive toward them 😳 whilst they hold the shovel against the wood to try & hold the ramps in place!!! 
Ps She’s well insured 

Forget the wood, forget the shovel and get two strips of carpet 6' long and about 6" wide. Fold each in half and place the fold through the lowest rung of the ramp and lay on the ground so that the car wheel sits on the carpet and prevents the ramp from slipping away as you drive up. If you have any sort of clutch control, you then just drive up the ramp till the top & its hard to drive off the end! ps. you don't need the carpet if you reverse up the ramps.

• Like 1

personally with a garage floor like that, I would raw bolt them to the floor, using the bolt type not the stud ones, then you can take them up and put them down as many times as you want, and feel perfectly happy in the knowledge your washing ironing and cooking slave will be around for a while longer

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, katana said:

Forget the wood, forget the shovel and get two strips of carpet 6' long and about 6" wide. Fold each in half and place the fold through the lowest rung of the ramp and lay on the ground so that the car wheel sits on the carpet and prevents the ramp from slipping away as you drive up. If you have any sort of clutch control, you then just drive up the ramp till the top & its hard to drive off the end! ps. you don't need the carpet if you reverse up the ramps.

Right! I’m gonna try that & report back 👍

On 07/08/2020 at 18:38, katana said:

That's a very good solution 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Huge said:

Looks like the wheel ‘tray’ stops the front wheels from rolling down the ramp & so you can use them together with rear axle stands - don’t think I could do that with mine in fear of the front wheels rolling down the ramp 🤔

Yes it definitely feels safer...the front end is secure and no rolling back at all.....ill pop up a photo of them fully jacked

• Thanks 1