Moderator Rally Pack 2000 Posted October 29, 2022 Author Moderator Report Posted October 29, 2022 Sydney basin from a mountains lookout. Carnivorous Plants Beside the trail 5
Miniliteman Posted October 29, 2022 Report Posted October 29, 2022 Very nice weather here, hottest end of October since god knows how long. Had a drive around the lanes, this windmill is one of the few in the area which is still working . 6
deltamal Posted October 31, 2022 Report Posted October 31, 2022 We visited the windmill museam in Kinderdijik-Den Elshout as part of the Cortinas to Cortinina de Ampezzo tour in September, very impressive! not many windmills in Devon!
DT36 Posted November 1, 2022 Report Posted November 1, 2022 My Escort is in my garage, waiting on me to tidy up some of the rats nest of wiring and fit a new ignition barrel connector block that's causing an intermittent issue. Recently had surgery for 2 hernias, so have put this job off due to discomfort while bending etc. To that end, I got the 15 year old Plastic Ford Blue Mondog out on Sunday to go to a local breakfast meet, as we didn't have any sausages in the house 😁 Was actually a very wet day, so the Fords that were out were mostly more modern, than what's considered classic. Good bunch there though 👌 2
katana Posted November 1, 2022 Report Posted November 1, 2022 8 hours ago, DT36 said: LOL's - mine looked just like that AFTER I'd finished the rewire ! And I didn't have the dash gauges to worry about! I had to have EVERYTHING out - binnacle, vents, switch panel, in-dash pocket and the bloody glove box plus the steering column mouldings . . . .. . and everything has an order to be re-fitted and how many times did I forget that ! ! ! 1 2
The Transplanter Posted November 1, 2022 Report Posted November 1, 2022 8 hours ago, DT36 said: My Escort is in my garage, waiting on me to tidy up some of the rats nest of wiring and fit a new ignition barrel connector block that's causing an intermittent issue. Recently had surgery for 2 hernias, so have put this job off due to discomfort while bending etc. To that end, I got the 15 year old Plastic Ford Blue Mondog out on Sunday to go to a local breakfast meet, as we didn't have any sausages in the house 😁 Was actually a very wet day, so the Fords that were out were mostly more modern, than what's considered classic. Good bunch there though 👌 No wonder so many caught fire 😲 I bought a old VW Caddy a couple of years ago, you didnt wire it up did you lol 😄 2
The Transplanter Posted November 1, 2022 Report Posted November 1, 2022 (edited) Best I can do at the old Ford wise at the moment! Cleaned ready for the Chelsea Cruise this weekend just gone. Edited November 1, 2022 by The Transplanter 2 1
DT36 Posted November 1, 2022 Report Posted November 1, 2022 2 hours ago, The Transplanter said: No wonder so many caught fire 😲 I bought a old VW Caddy a couple of years ago, you didnt wire it up did you lol 😄 Haha, no. I don't even know where to start with this. I actually opened the door and looked at it this afternoon and then thankfully remembered that my Missus asked me to fit some USB wall sockets in the living room while I'm off work. 😁
chinkamon Posted November 1, 2022 Report Posted November 1, 2022 I decided to rewire the cortina as had no fuses an some wires looked crispy, I mess with wiring in my day job so wasn't fazed by it. But F*** me I didn't think about the contortionist job you have to do to get behind the dash🤣 glad I only needed to do it once 2
The Transplanter Posted November 1, 2022 Report Posted November 1, 2022 4 hours ago, DT36 said: Haha, no. I don't even know where to start with this. I actually opened the door and looked at it this afternoon and then thankfully remembered that my Missus asked me to fit some USB wall sockets in the living room while I'm off work. 😁 Problem with these old motors is that they didn't use relays so the full amperage went through all of the wires & switchgear which often got very hot when there was a bad connection or poor earth! When I get round to doing my MK1, I would seriously consider building myself a complete new loom with a proper fusebox from scratch. This is some of the joy that I found in my VW 😄 Superglue used as insulation! Plasters & needles used on what looked like an old alarm wiring. Many wires just bare & twisted together And a paper clip bridging part of the brake light circuit When you find stuff like this, dont you just want to meet the person who did it, just so you know what an idiot looks like lol 2 1 1 1
Johnny Boy Posted November 2, 2022 Report Posted November 2, 2022 That looks like it's been done by the same guy that did my MK2 sport. Mine was so bad I had to replace the front loom.☹️ 1
Moderator Rally Pack 2000 Posted November 3, 2022 Author Moderator Report Posted November 3, 2022 My Auto-Electrician just passed away last week. Im quite nervous as to finding a replacement now. RIP Ron 1
Moderator Rally Pack 2000 Posted January 1, 2023 Author Moderator Report Posted January 1, 2023 On the film set of "Ten Pound Poms", although these were original period Nissen huts not the extra prop ones they built. The Prop ones. (I shot in B&W to give them a more period look) 1
Moderator Rally Pack 2000 Posted January 23, 2023 Author Moderator Report Posted January 23, 2023 Classic Cars and Coffee morning in the Blue Mountains. Bit of a rainy wash out but still a few turned out regardless of the weather. The muscle brigade were afraid of getting wet but usually they fill the carpark. Some cars you may not recognise. 3
Moderator Rally Pack 2000 Posted February 15, 2023 Author Moderator Report Posted February 15, 2023 Morning Coffee and Cars at Emu Plains for pre-2000 Japanese and European cars last weekend. Several Old School Fords in attendance. It was hard to get good shots with the morning summer sun sending camera exposures all over the place. (Thats a bright burny thing in the sky we get here that ruins vinyl door trims) The event mainly caters for classic Datsuns and Mazdas with a flood of Datto 1600's and Mazda Rotary's But some nice British stuff squeezed in between too. 4
Moderator Rally Pack 2000 Posted February 28, 2023 Author Moderator Report Posted February 28, 2023 Always love going back to Scheyville National Park at dusk. There are no visitors just roos wandering between the buildings. 2
Moderator Rally Pack 2000 Posted March 18, 2023 Author Moderator Report Posted March 18, 2023 Cars Under the Stars Penrith (Mainly Muscle and Rotaries) Me arriving just after 33 minutes (Youtube dont allow embedding videos anymore?) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLUK23_ugQg 2
Johnny Boy Posted March 18, 2023 Report Posted March 18, 2023 looks like good weather down under, its been raining on and off for days here. Good to see the Donk wheels are still popular 😀 I would love a rotary, ours are all rotted away years ago.
Moderator Rally Pack 2000 Posted March 19, 2023 Author Moderator Report Posted March 19, 2023 On 18/03/2023 at 19:33, Johnny Boy said: looks like good weather down under, its been raining on and off for days here. Good to see the Donk wheels are still popular 😀 I would love a rotary, ours are all rotted away years ago. That was at dusk and the only bearable time you dared leave the house. I only get one day a week to drive the car at the moment and for the past 2 months everyone one of this days has been mid to high 30s centigrade. Today was over 40. Its unbreathable sometimes. Rain would be heaven. The three car gangs in my area one of them were Rotaries, the awful sound and backfiring just made you wince. Sort of the enemy to our Escort group but the peace was kept because one of our group was related to all of them! They also seem a attract a certain type of enthusiast we would call Wankel Wan...... You get the idea! Like yours they were rot boxes even here and most are large percentage fibreglass. Doesnt help when they hot them up and the chassis twist!
Miniliteman Posted March 19, 2023 Report Posted March 19, 2023 17 minutes ago, Rally Pack 2000 said: Like yours they were rot boxes even here and most are large percentage fibreglass. Doesnt help when they hot them up and the chassis twist! Does fibreglass burn??
Moderator Rally Pack 2000 Posted March 19, 2023 Author Moderator Report Posted March 19, 2023 9 minutes ago, Miniliteman said: Does fibreglass burn?? Yes! Given the tail pipe explosions from uncombusted fuel were like flame throwers im surprised most of them dont go up in flames! They do love driving in convoys to shows cause you hear the noise as they all arrive at once.
Johnny Boy Posted March 19, 2023 Report Posted March 19, 2023 6 hours ago, Rally Pack 2000 said: Yes! Given the tail pipe explosions from uncombusted fuel were like flame throwers im surprised most of them dont go up in flames! They do love driving in convoys to shows cause you hear the noise as they all arrive at once. Love it 😁
Johnny Boy Posted April 2, 2023 Report Posted April 2, 2023 Out for cuppa and cake with the misses this morning, had to take it easy , as she doesn't like me giving it the bean's. I still managed a few flat out , and fast corners though. 6 1
ShaunS Posted April 3, 2023 Report Posted April 3, 2023 Local car guys meetup, early Sunday morning !! 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now